canada

6 Signins

42 Page Views

• Views: 42
  • Message 1 of 4

recovery usb does not boot.

2015-12-16, 19:58 PM

dear friends

i have  just bought a  thinkpad  t450 and waited  until i recieved the recovery usb to upgrade the system to win 8.1.

i followed the proceuders that followed  with the package but all the what i see now is  a menue where i can boot from hd , usb, or lan..
whaterver i choose or do  i get the same menue.

acording to the steps i followed
1-windows os optomized - enabled
2- `reset the system to defaults. and save changes

3- that was in the BIOS

now what ?  any idea guys ? where can i get support  for this matter?

Solved! See the solution
Options

11133 Posts

01-02-2010

US

39657 Signins

414383 Page Views

• Views: 414383
  • Message 2 of 4

Re: recovery usb does not boot.

2015-12-16, 22:02 PM
It is hard to know without seeing it, but I would suggest going into the BIOS and turn off secure boot (under security). Then I would go to the boot tab and change boot type from "UEFI" to "both" .

Then try again

Rich

I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo.

0 person found this solution to be helpful.

This helped me too

Options

2 Posts

12-16-2015

canada

6 Signins

42 Page Views

• Views: 42
  • Message 3 of 4

2015-12-17, 4:57 AM

thank you very much for you reply. things went ok until i have to fill in password for the recovery ? the user name was either $home group or som username i used for the computer when configured the laptop after  i recieve it !!! i never did assign any password when it comes to windows. so there might be some password for the recovery. i got that after choosing the language . just at the begining after booting from the usb . and by the way F12 - as the instuction which comes with the us recovery says---is not the key to booting choices. you have to use F11 just after the fails booting and the begining of booting from the hd !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

any way i gave up and decieded that i will upgrade free to win 10 from the comfort of win 7 platform and later make my own recovery image on external hd

thank you for your help

Options

49 Posts

04-04-2013

chicago

75 Signins

446 Page Views

• Views: 446
  • Message 4 of 4

2016-01-21, 23:34 PM

do u have any additional advice.  this did not work for me.  it seems no matter what i do i the usb, supplied by lenovo, in the boot menu, but when i select it: the screen flases and returns to the boot menu.  also i have the lenovo usb instructions for the win 10 usb boot and these do not work either.  i have conatcted lenovo tech support and the only answer i get is send it in and we will reload it.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete