Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

ThinkPad NotebooksThinkPad: T400 / T500 and newer T series Laptops
All Forum Topics
Options

11 Posts

11-21-2011

Seattle, WA

10 Signins

96 Page Views

• Views: 96
  • Message 1 of 2

t420 - mic issue

2011-11-21, 4:25 AM

Unfortunately this is just one of an on-going, seemingly never ending list of issues my daugher is having with her new laptop.  Her school work is starting to suffer due to this laptop.  Here we thought we were buying a high end, expensive model to avoid just this.

Anyway, here's this issue...

Her mic was working and stopped.  We've downloaded the driver as indicated by others.  Didn't help.  We uninstalled it, rebooted as directed, and then it installed automatically.  Didn't work.  We uninstalled, tried to not reboot and install the driver, it failed to install.

Any ideas on how to get this working?

Thanks!
Linda

Options

315 Posts

02-21-2008

Singapore

577 Signins

3826 Page Views

• Views: 3826
  • Message 2 of 2

Re: t420 - mic issue

2011-11-21, 4:58 AM

I can see that you have posted several 'issues' with the T420, there might be something wrong with the laptop itself. Have you downloaded the Lenovo Thinkvantage Toolbox and run a full system check?

There ar at least several dozens reasons why your mic didn't work. If there are other components that didn't work or started to show errors, perhaps the laptop need some serious repair (as above).

Anyway (for the microphone),

I assume you already used the sound program to test.

a) When bootup, press F1 and go into Bios and check that the microphone and other components are turned on, this also applies to the SD card thingie.

b) Go to device manager and check that non of the required hardware is disabled or show yellow icons.

d

c) to be updated....

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms