02-15-2019

NO

10 Signins

154 Page Views

• Views: 154
  • Message 1 of 2

t480s HDMI supported resolutions

2019-02-15, 15:37 PM

Note: Originally this post was about what i thought was a broken hdmi port, but it turned out to be due to the monitor being too old. The original problem has been fixed but i'm still a little confused, so maybe someone can shed some light on this.

So i've been using my t480s for about half a year without problems, it's a great machine. However, i came over something which suprised me a little which someone here might be able to answer. Is there limited support for older resolutions when it comes to external monitors through the HDMI?

I've been using several WQHD and 4K displays, but when i tried to connect my old 720p DVI screen through an adapter it absolutely refused to recognize it as an output. Is there some kind of limitation here that i am not aware of? This happens in both windows and linux. The monitor works just fine on a few year old mac i have laying around.

Options

1817 Posts

08-02-2018

US

697 Signins

10126 Page Views

• Views: 10126
  • Message 2 of 2

Re: t480s HDMI supported resolutions

2019-03-20, 15:01 PM

Hi Jhgjeraker! Welcome to our forums community. The minimum resolution of an HDMI is HD whcih is equivalent to 720p = 1280 x 720. We suggest you to use a different adapter or port replicator instead and check if the issue persist. Regards

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete