Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Uraster
What's DOS?
Views: 1,117
Message 1 of 3

1802 Unauthorized network card after an SSD change

I just got a brand new T460. I wanted to replace the SSD with a bigger one, so I opened the laptop and replaced the disk. I haven't touched any other components, everything is original. Now when I start the laptop it gives this error:

1802: Unauthorized network card is plugged in - Power off and remove the network card. System is halted.

However I haven't touched any of the network cards. I returned the original SSD and the same error appears, so now I cannot even start the laptop.

Any ideas how to fix the problem?

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 1,094
Message 2 of 3

Re: 1802 Unauthorized network card after an SSD change

Hello, Uraster

Did you remove the AC charger cable and external battery, as well disable internal battery in the BIOS Setup before SSD replacement?

Try to remove the wwan card from the slot to test the laptop and BIOS ability (do not forget about AC cable and batteries). Then insert the card and test the laptop again. Unfortunately, I assume you'll see the same 1802 error. Note the symbols/digits at the the end of the error string (2 x 4 with slash) and post them in your answer.

x220 • Gobi 2000 3g | hdd, msata ssd, wwan, wifi, gps -- unique hand-made config
ThinkPad 25 Special Anniversary Edition. #retro. Signed by D.Hill
T470p | X1 Carbon Gen3 | Miix 2 10" | Yoga Tablet 2-1050F (Android) + BT Keyboard
ThinkPad Stack • 2.4/5 Wireless Router, HDD 1 TB, BT Speaker, Power Bank, Mobile Projector

Do it well, worse becomes itself

Communities:   English    Deutsche    Español    Portugues    Русскоязычное    Česká    Slovenská    Українська   Moto English

Uraster
What's DOS?
Views: 1,061
Message 3 of 3

Re: 1802 Unauthorized network card after an SSD change

Strange... I removed the battery and the power supply (which I tried before as well), then left the laptop like that for 3-4 hours. When I turned it on, it worked fine (with the new SSD I installed).

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors