Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Michael1234567
What's DOS?
Views: 262
Message 1 of 3

2 external monitors with Lenovo T460 on Docking Station

Hi there,

I am using a Thinkpad T460s in a docking station and I have one external monitor attached with HDMI, the other one with VGA. They have run on 1920x1080 for two years now and all of a sudden one of the monitors cannot do more than 1280x1024 any more.

Both monitors are exactly the same brand and type and the configuration has worked for quite a while.

When I want to configure the lower resolutions monitor in Windows 10 or in the Intel console, the maximum resolution I get is 1280x1024 at 60p and the other monitor still runs on 1920x1080 at 60p

what am I missing?

Thank you!

Michael

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 217
Message 2 of 3

Re: 2 external monitors with Lenovo T460 on Docking Station

Hi Michael1234567! Welcome to our forums community. Was there any recent changes or any updates installed before the issue arise? Could you try running the update from the Lenovo Vantage app. You can get the app here: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/p/lenovo-vantage/9wzdncrfj4mv?activetab=pivot%3aoverviewtab. Install all available updates. Restart the computer and check if the issue persist. 

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

aUserHasNoName
802.11n
Views: 191
Message 3 of 3

Re: 2 external monitors with Lenovo T460 on Docking Station

What happens if you disable/disconnect the other monitor. Is it then possible to select the native resolution?

Maybe disconnect the monitor from laptop and power for a few minutes and try again. 
Otherwise check what is the reported maximum resolution with an utility like  MonitorInfoView

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors