Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
forbiddenguest
Punch Card
Views: 1,181
Message 1 of 3

2101 Detection Error: Cannot view my mSATA

Hi, I just received my T430 about 4 days ago and it's working perfectly until I was trying to install important windows updates. As I was rebooting my laptop after the installation (which fails everytime I don't know why), my computer gave me a loud beep and a error code of 2101 detection error. So I searched this forum and found this solution http://support.lenovo.com/en_US/downloads/detail.page?DocID=HT074404 from another post that had the same problem as mine.

As i was following the steps,( i did cmd, uninstalled express cache, and did disk managment) but as i went on my disk management i could not find my mSATA. I have a 16 gb mSATA and it was working perfectly fine before. I've noticed on my reboot that it took longer to load and the error message would then come up.

So my problem is that I cannot view my mSATA disk on my disk management

Thankyou!

pjg
Token Ring
Views: 1,153
Message 2 of 3

Re: 2101 Detection Error: Cannot view my mSATA

The Error 2101: Detection error on HDDx miniSata is a BIOS error. This has nothing to do with the operating system you have installed or any drivers. During the POST, the system does not see the miniSata drive.

I (like some others) received my new T530 recently, setup it all up and then a few hours later received this error.

The solution is simple. You must open up your ThinkPad. Remove the two keyboard screws and remove the keyboard and RE-SEAT the miniSata drive. There is 1 screw holding the board down. Remove it, re-insert it in. Screw everything back up and voila, no more issue. Go to the Lenovo / ThinkPad Guides and Manuals page for your device (http://support.lenovo.com/en_US/guides-and-manuals/default.page?) and download the Hardware Maintenance Manual for your ThinkPad. There are clear instructions (for those less inclined) on how to remove the keyboard. You do NOT need to disconnect the ribbon cable. Simple / carefully slide the keyboard forward and the miniSata drive will be visible and accessible.

You can also use the ExpressCache program to get stats on the miniSata drive and see how it is working. Open a Command Prompt (in Administrator Mode) and issue the command:

eccmd -info   -   Display ExpressCache activity informatio

eccmd -?   -  Will show you all options

eccmd -format   - Will reformat and clear the cache drive.

Hopefully, this will help out those out there with this issue. Just remember, if the BIOS doesn't see the device, it is not a driver problem !

BigMike81
What's DOS?
Views: 1,103
Message 3 of 3

Re: 2101 Detection Error: Cannot view my mSATA

Did this help? i havethe same problem..

thank you. 

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors