Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Auctorel
Paper Tape
Views: 217
Message 1 of 1

3 external monitors on T480s with usb C dock

Hi,

I have a T480s laptop with a Dell D6000 USB C Dock connected via USB C.

I am trying to connect 3 external monitors through the dock. 2 on DisplayPort, 1 on HDMI.

I have checked other posts on this forum but they don't deal with the problem or are incorrect

I have updated all drivers on laptop for display and I've updated drivers and firmware on dock to latest.

The dock will display 2 of the external monitors in any combination of DisplayPort or HDMI with the laptop screen working as a 3rd screen.

I can get all 4 monitors working with the DisplayPort monitors on the dock and the HDMI plugged directly in to the laptop.

However I can only intermittently get 3 monitors working through the dock. Usually when I've unplugged all usb ports and restarted the dock. However the second I remove and replace the usb plug from the laptop the HDMI monitor stops working. This is not reliable though and sometimes it just will not work for no obvious reason.

It seems to me that USB C Alt Mode is only intermittently working on the laptop and it seems to stop as soon as I unplug and replug the dock.

Can anyone help me get 3 monitors working reliably through the dock?

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors