Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Dave171
What's DOS?
Views: 62
Message 1 of 1

3rd ThinkPad, 3rd Battery Issue, 2nd Depot Return

I'm supporting T460s and T560s for my job and in the last month have had 3 battery issues occur out of no where. I'm using Windows 10 64-bit. I'd like to find a solution from the forums or at least a way to find what is causing this so I can plan for other laptops to go bad. 

In the last month, I've dealt with 3 Thinkpads that have had a sudden change of heart about finding Battery #2. Nothing special happened. I booted, looked at the system information to see if this one has the specs to setup for a specific user and BAM - "Battery 2 not found". I was really hoping to get this all setup and out to a user who's using a 5 year old laptop. 

I've ran Lenovo's System Update; I've updated Windows; I've downloaded the Power Management software from Lenovo yet still this battery is not found. I took it apart to ensure the battery was seated correctly. I re-imaged it from an image from last summer. Nothing. 

Are these faulty batteries? Does that battery recall need to be expanded again? Is it the Motherboard? Is this a string of bad luck? How do I identify what the cause is? I refuse to believe this is coincidence. 

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors