Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
smallmediumlarg
Blue Screen Again
Views: 755
Message 1 of 2

70++ Battery for T530 suddenly generates "Battery not supported" error

Hello, 

I recently bought a replacement battery for my T530, upgrading from the 6-cell to the 9-cell version. 

While I did not buy it from Lenovo, I bought it on ebay, the seller had very high ratings, and as far as I could tell it is genuine. It worked wonderfully for a few weeks, however yesterday upon boot-up I received the "Battery is not supported by this system and will not charge" error. 

I don't understand how it could possibly be a counterfeit battery if it's worked fine up until now. I would really appreciate any ideas!

Thanks!

mmaz
Paper Tape
Views: 379
Message 2 of 2

Re: 70++ Battery for T530 suddenly generates "Battery not supported" boot error

This just started on my T530 running Wins 10 64b as well, and my system is installed in a Docking Station.  I've been using this battery since 2013 and it is charged 90+%.  I also get the message when removed from the dock.  I then changed the battery to another one used since 2014, same result both in and out of dock.  Both batteries bought from Lenovo.  Don't mind having to hit ESC to boot, but concerned that it won't charge after being discharged when being used w/o dock or adapter.  Please help!

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors