Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
d8c60e7b
Paper Tape
Views: 772
Message 1 of 7

70++ Battery, not sure if genuine

I purchased a replacement 70++ battery from a third party for my T530.  It came in a box with Lenovo tape on it, but I was concerned when I compared the information on the new battery to the old one.  The new one has min. 7690mAh and says Li-ion 20 versus the old one saying min. 7950mAh and Li-ion 00.  Is there a way to make sure the battery is genuine?  The s/n on the box brought up the right product number on the lenovo site, but that number isn't anywhere on the battery itself.  Also, the barcode number on the battery doesn't correspond with any numbers on the box it came in.  I'm concerned about putting it into the computer until I can gain some insight or verify the battery's authenticity.  Can anyone help?

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 762
Message 2 of 7

Re: 70++ Battery, not sure if genuine

I cannot be sure, but I am concerned that the serial number isn't on the battery.  It normally is.  I would contact the seller.  I liked things better when the fakes really looked like fakes.

Rich

I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo.
Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 756
Message 3 of 7

The battery labels photo is needed to determine wheher it's a genuine one. Additional information from Lenovo Power Manager might help as well.

The main "feature" of the non Lenovo genuine batteries is those batteries can't be charged in the laptop like T530.

x220 • Gobi 2000 3g | hdd, msata ssd, wwan, wifi, gps -- unique hand-made config
ThinkPad 25 Special Anniversary Edition. #retro. Signed by D.Hill
T470p | X1 Carbon Gen3 | Miix 2 10" | Yoga Tablet 2-1050F (Android) + BT Keyboard
ThinkPad Stack • 2.4/5 Wireless Router, HDD 1 TB, BT Speaker, Power Bank, Mobile Projector

Do it well, worse becomes itself

Communities:   English    Deutsche    Español    Portugues    Русскоязычное    Česká    Slovenská    Українська   Moto English

d8c60e7b
Paper Tape
Views: 739
Message 4 of 7

Here are pictures.  There is a barcode on the battery, but the s/n that is on the box isn't anywhere on the battery.  I don't have any info from Lenovo power management, as I haven't put it in the computer yet.  Is there any way to find out if it's authentic with Lenovo?   Thanks.

IMGP0316.jpgIMGP0317.jpgIMGP0318.jpgIMGP0319.jpg

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 722
Message 5 of 7

The battery seems genuine, do not worry. Common "attributes" of the fake are absent. Regarding the battery s/n richk has answered above. You'll see the s/n in the Lenovo Power Manager application (not the Power Management driver), as well several ather values like the manufacturing data etc. They might be compared with the ones on the label to proove.

x220 • Gobi 2000 3g | hdd, msata ssd, wwan, wifi, gps -- unique hand-made config
T470p | X1 Carbon Gen3 | Miix 2 10" | Yoga Tablet 2-1050F (Android) + BT Keyboard
ThinkPad Stack • 2.4/5 Wireless Router, HDD 1 TB, BT Speaker, Power Bank, Mobile Projector

Communities:   English    Deutsche    Español    Portugues    Русскоязычное    Česká    Slovenská    Українська   Moto English

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 721
Message 6 of 7

Could you specify the battery FRU p/n from the label? Is it 45N1173?

There is an image of the original battery below
http://support.lenovo.com/~/FileStreamer?File=%2fImages%2fParts%2f45N1173%2f13.jpg

d8c60e7b
Paper Tape
Views: 711
Message 7 of 7

Yes, the FRU P/N is 45N1173.

So you think it's fine?  My old one said FRU P/N 45N1011.  It's been four years since I bought the computer with the original battery, but my main cause for concern was my voltage numbers aren't the same, as well as the mAh and the fact that it's Li-ion 20 instead of the Li-ion 00, as mentioned before.  I assumed there would be some consistency there.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors