Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
alaskabto
What's DOS?
Views: 566
Message 1 of 6

A485 ECC Support

The Ryzen Pros in the A485 are qualified for ECC support. Can Lenovo enable this support in a BIOS update? 16GB ECC SODIMMs (Lenovo # 4X70Q27989) are recognised by the system but there's no option in the BIOS to enable ECC.

pickens
Fanfold Paper
Views: 285
Message 2 of 6

Re: A485 ECC Support

I Would like to see this too.

I have 32GB of ecc memory in my A485, please let it work.

jeremyshaw
802.11n
Views: 258
Message 3 of 6

AFAIK, this requires 8 extra pins to be connected, that usually aren't connected and tracerouted (since escape routing and fanout from a massive BGA is probably hard enough).

Are we certain the 8 ECC pins are wired up?

pickens
Fanfold Paper
Views: 217
Message 4 of 6

Yes, I believe you're right. The same thought occurred to me. I couldn't tell when I had the pcb out. I think we'd need a comment from somebody at lenovo on this.
All I know is my desktop ryzen has ecc in it and working from day one. I'd kind of expect this feature from a "pro" business oriented laptop. A few extra traces and a few extra bios entries aren't that much extra effort. If I had to guess i'd think the traces being there is likely, a "just in case" design choice.

In linux it just says ecc disabled by bios when I attempt to load the module. The memory is detected as being and supporting ecc however. I knew it didn't have ecc when I purchased it, but I wanted ryzen (which supports ecc) and was hopefull they'd add an updated bios for this feature like others have done.

Any lenovo employees care to respond ?
Thank you.

alaskabto
What's DOS?
Views: 206
Message 5 of 6

I will probably end up ordering a T495 so if we could get an answer for that as well...

Highlighted
pickens
Fanfold Paper
Views: 153
Message 6 of 6

Lenovo ? Do you Read these threads ?

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors