Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
voidshatter
Punch Card
Views: 271
Message 1 of 1

A485 middle button does not work with Windows 10 1809

After several clean re-installations of Windows 10 I've found the following:

• The driver "Synaptics ThinkPad UltraNav Driver 19.5.19.26" alone does not enable the middle button to work.
  • The middle button works only if the "ThinkPad UltraNav" app is installed from Microsoft Store, as shown in the screenshot below.
  • Sometimes downloading this app from Microsoft Store requires signing in with a Microsoft account, which is unacceptible. Why would I need to create a Microsoft account to get a driver?
  • This app is not yet available in Microsoft Store for Windows 10 1809 as of 11/Oct/2018. A clean installation of Windows 10 1809 has no access to this app.
  • Windows 10 LTSC 1809 does not have Microsoft Store, and therefore has no access to this app.
  • Copying SynapticsIncorporated.SynLenovoTBGDApp_19005.19026.0.0_x64__* in C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\ from a Windows 10 1803 installation to a fresh installation of Windows 10 1809 works, but why would I need to go through such harassment just to get the middle button work?

Suggested solution: Lenovo please add this app to the driver installer, not as a Microsoft Store app.

123.JPG

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors