Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nikki605
Blue Screen Again
Views: 473
Message 1 of 2

AHCI Driver 10.6.0.1002 Install Fails

I have a T410 with Win7 64-bit SP1 OS.  I've installed many updates using System Update 4 and this is the first problem I've had.  I am logged in with an administraor level user ID.

I ran SU today and one update appeared: Intel Rapid Storage Technology Driver for Windows 64bit, version 10.6.0.1002.  I selected it, but the install failed.  I tried a couple more times but got the same result.

So I went to the lenovo download website and downloaded it directly from HERE.  I ran it with administrator level and it appeared to run to completion (got no errors).  However, when I checked the version, it was still the old one: 9.6.0.1014.

So I ran SU again and it still said I needed this update, which verified that even running the standalone download with run as administrator, did not work.

Has anyone else had problems installing this update?  Any ideas or suggestions?

Thanks,

Gary A.

ThinkPad T410 | ThinkCentre M83
nikki605
Blue Screen Again
Views: 460
Message 2 of 2

Re: AHCI Driver 10.6.0.1002 Install Fails

Oops, never mind [embarrassed] I forgot that running the downloaded driver file only extracts the contents, not install it.  I went into Device Manager, did a driver update from the folder where the contents had been extracted and the driver is now updated. Smiley Happy

Happy Thanksgiving!!

Gary A.

ThinkPad T410 | ThinkCentre M83

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors