Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
fnajmi
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 583
Message 1 of 4

ATI Radeon Dissappeared/Crashed

Hi All,

I've a Lenovo ThinkPad T500 with 256 Ati Radeon card. It was working fine till this morning when I fired up my computer. When I logged in to the Windows Vista 64 Bit, screen went blank but I could hear the counds etc of the windows so I know windows was up. I restarted my computer and since then computer is starting only with Intel Graphics and not ATI. When I try to open catalyst, it says something like "Current GPU is not supported". Now am not sure what has happened. I cant even see Ati Radeon in the windows devices anymore too. This happened once before as well but at that time I restored the system to factory settings which resolved the problem. however this time around, Ive installed all the softwares etc so cant restore. Can someone please help in this case? 

ThinkPad T500, 4GB DDR3, ATI Radeon, 250GB HDD, DVD Writer
ScorpioZ
Paper Tape
Views: 542
Message 2 of 4

Re: ATI Radeon Dissappeared/Crashed

I am afraid I cant help you much since i am suffering from the same problem. I was actually just about to do a facotry reset. What I can do is help you  bump this Thread up so we might get some help/answers soon.

What I would like to know is if you have updated Windows since the reset ?

slip
Punch Card
Views: 539
Message 3 of 4

Check out this thread.  The poster had the same problem and fixed it by restarting Lenovo's Power Manager.

http://forums.lenovo.com/lnv/board/message?board.id=T400_series_ThinkPads&thread.id=14590

T500 ~ T9400 2.53GHz 1066MHz 6MBL2 ~ Vista 32bit Home ~ WXGA 15.4 LED ~ ATI Mobility Radeon 3650 ~ 4GB ram ~ Camera ~ 160GB 7200rpm HD ~ Intel Turbo Memory 2GB ~ CD-RW/DVD ~ Intel WiFi 5300
fnajmi
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 491
Message 4 of 4

Thanks Slip.. The link that you proivided has some really useful information. But sadly, I've downgraded by system to Windows XP Professional Smiley Sad.. Everything is working fine since then.

Maybe I will give Vista another shot again in one of the coming days. Thanks Everyone for contributing to the thread. I think we have found ourselves a solution. Can someone please confirm if the given solution solved our problem?

Thanks,

--FNajmi

ThinkPad T500, 4GB DDR3, ATI Radeon, 250GB HDD, DVD Writer

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors