Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anders_Eriksson
Paper Tape
Views: 310
Message 1 of 3

Always in "Airplane Power Mode" at power up even after disabling it in Vantage

Hi,

Finaly I have been able to pinpoint the problem with the battery not charging, to this special flight mode.

If I disable it in Vantage it stays disabled and the charging is working fine, but after a re-power it ends up again in this special flight mode, really annoying Smiley Sad

I can see the windows battery tray symbol with a small AC-plug symbolising it is charging ok at power up, in the windows log in screen but as soon as I log in, after just a few seconds, it changes to the special flight mode and not charging, so it seems there are some sort of software/driver that is not working.

I have had this PC since september last year and it has allways been working ok, but now after my third day after comming back from vacation I got this problem.

Can you please advice how to fix this.

Best Regards,

Anders

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 273
Message 2 of 3

Re: Always in "Airplane Power Mode" at power up even after disabling it in Vantage

Hello and welcome,

In addition to that Vantage settting, there's another one in Settings that may be triggering this mode.  Either with an explicit power plan or (maybe) via a setting in your current power plan.  This caused me problems when it showed up unbidden after an update.

Z.

ThinkPad Airplane Mode.PNG

The large print: please read the Community Participation Rules before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

The fine print: I do not work for, nor do I speak for Lenovo. Unsolicited private messages will be ignored - questions and answers belong in the forum so that others may contribute and benefit. ... GeezBlog

Communities:   English    Deutsch    Español    Português    Русскоязычное    Česká    Slovenská    Українська   Polski    Türkçe    Moto English

Anders_Eriksson
Paper Tape
Views: 240
Message 3 of 3

Re: Always in "Airplane Power Mode" at power up even after disabling it in Vantage

Thank you!!!

I had seen this page, but the balanced option was hidden.

Anders

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors