cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nacz
Paper Tape
Views: 1,062
Message 1 of 2

Apple 30W USB-C charger + ThinkPad T470s?

Hi, I got an Apple 30W USB-C (power delivery of 1.5A @ 20V) power adapter and I though I could use it with my ThinkPad T470s (which came with a 45W adapter which broke). Unfortunately, it only seems to be able to charge it when the laptop is off / in sleep mode. I know it's not going to be able to charge the laptop as fast as the original 45W adapter, but I thought it would be able to provide at least some power.

Is there a way to make the laptop charge from this adapter when running? I'm not using any especially demanding programs anyway.

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 977
Message 2 of 2

Re: Apple 30W USB-C charger + ThinkPad T470s?

Hi nacz! 

Welcome to the Lenovo forum discussion! 

Based on what you have explained, this a clear hardware compatibility issue with the Apple charger and the laptop. The Apple charger can not provide enough power for the laptop to be charged properly and chances are, this type of issue may happen. We highly recommend buying a new charger for the T470 and make sure to buy a Lenovo type of charger. You can contact the Lenovo Part Sales https://support.lenovo.com/us/en/solutions/migr-50319?CID=ww:lenovosocial:20x9m6 (choose your country) and inquire for a ordering a new charger for the laptop.

In addition, using an incompatible charger may cause further damage to the laptop or to the battery.  

Regards!

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

And we're back...

Move delayed but still coming

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors