cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
stefalois
Blue Screen Again
Views: 603
Message 1 of 7

Audio not working when connecting to an HDMI tv via a minidisplay port-HDMI cable

I have a Thinkpad T550 with a dual boot with Windows 7 - Ubuntu. 

I purchased a minidisplay port-HDMI cable to connect it to my HD tv.

With Ubuntu I am able to stream both audio and video correctly, with windows there is no way, I get only Video. I've tried basically every solution listed in the forum.

I go to Control Panel > Sound control panel but my tv isn't listed, even when ticking the box "Show Disabled Devices" and "Show Disconnected devices". I can only see Speakers (Speaker/HP, Realtek High Definition Audio) as Playback device.  No other choice.

I tried to update my drivers for Realtek High Definition audio, but no success. I've also tried updating the drivers for the Video card (Intel HD Graphics 5500), but no success again. It still does not show my tv under the sound control panel. 

I don't know what to try next. Is there any driver version I should install to get it working? Please not that the cable IS working, since it works under Ubuntu with the same laptop and tv. 

Thanks for the help

Guru
Views: 554
Message 2 of 7

Re: Audio not working when connecting to an HDMI tv via a minidisplay port-HDMI cable

Welcome stefalois

Have you tried to update the Intel HD Driver from Intel site directly? If not, try download from this link and try again.

Peter

ThinkPad X40 | ThinkPad W520 | ThinkPad T560 | ThinkCentre E73 SFF | Yoga 11s | Yoga 3 Pro | Yoga 900 | Yoga Home 900 | Yoga Tablet 2 Pro | Miix 2 10" | IdeaPad Y460p | IdeaPad K1 | 3000 Y300 | Vibe K5 Plus

Give kudos to reward people for their assistance | Mark thread solved if the solution works | I am an active volunteer, not an Lenovo employee

=====================================

List of Sound Enhancement Thread

T520 | W520 ; Dolby ; IdeaPad Slate Tablet ; Yoga 3 Pro ; X100e ; Vibe Shot ; Yoga 900 ; P50 ; P40 Yoga | Yoga 14 | Yoga 460 ; T560 | P50s ; Vibe K5 | K5 Plus ; M0620 Speaker Mod

stefalois
Blue Screen Again
Views: 540
Message 3 of 7

Re: Audio not working when connecting to an HDMI tv via a minidisplay port-HDMI cable

Hi PeterTW3, thanks for your answer.

I just tried installing the driver from your link, but I get the following error:

Error: The driver being installed is not validated for this computer. Obtain the appropriate driver from the computer's manufacturer. Setup will exit.

I guess this might me due to the fact that Lenovo has its own drivers. 

Any other idea?

Guru
Views: 535
Message 4 of 7

Hi stefalois

Follow this link to bypass the driver validation and install the driver.

Peter

ThinkPad X40 | ThinkPad W520 | ThinkPad T560 | ThinkCentre E73 SFF | Yoga 11s | Yoga 3 Pro | Yoga 900 | Yoga Home 900 | Yoga Tablet 2 Pro | Miix 2 10" | IdeaPad Y460p | IdeaPad K1 | 3000 Y300 | Vibe K5 Plus

Give kudos to reward people for their assistance | Mark thread solved if the solution works | I am an active volunteer, not an Lenovo employee

T520 | W520 ; Dolby ; IdeaPad Slate Tablet ; Yoga 3 Pro ; X100e ; Vibe Shot ; Yoga 900 ; P50 ; P40 Yoga | Yoga 14 | Yoga 460 ; T560 | P50s ; Vibe K5 | K5 Plus

stefalois
Blue Screen Again
Views: 528
Message 5 of 7

I just did that, new drivers installed correctly, but nothing changed... I can't see my tv as an audio output yet. 

Any other possible solution?

Guru
Views: 502
Message 6 of 7

Hi stefalois

1. Is your Windows 7 using Lenovo System Image or Clean Install?

2. Have you tried to run Lenovo System Update? (Control Panel > Lenovo - Update and drivers) to keep BIOS and other hardware drivers updated?

Peter

T520 | W520 ; Dolby ; IdeaPad Slate Tablet ; Yoga 3 Pro ; X100e ; Vibe Shot ; Yoga 900 ; P50 ; P40 Yoga | Yoga 14 | Yoga 460 ; T560 | P50s ; Vibe K5 | K5 Plus

stefalois
Blue Screen Again
Views: 483
Message 7 of 7

1. I don't know. How can I check it?

2. I just did it, it did not solve the problem. 

Thanks for the help anyway...

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors