Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Welcome to the Forums!

Welcome to Lenovo's Peer-to-Peer Discussion Community!
Please note our guidelines. How to register and login and Community FAQs.

Help Lenovo Shape the Future of PCs

Take the ownership survey. Share your ideas with our product team

Community Spotlight

Visit the Community Blog

Are you ready for Windows 10?

Get to know Windows 10
Visit the Windows 10 Support Center
Paper Tape
0 Kudos
Accepted Solution

BTTray.exe - System Error on T410

Hi all,

After doing a clean install of Windows 7 Pro x64 I ran the Lenovo Updates and Drivers tool to get all of the right drivers and tools for my system.  After that installed I started getting the message "BTTray.exe - System Error" "The program can't start because BtBalloon.dll is missing from your computer.  Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem."  I have removed the Bluetooth driver from Device Manager but Windows reinstalls it on reboot, and I get this dialog box every time I boot.  Despite this message, I still get the system tray icon and can still communicate with Bluetooth devices, so this is more of an annoyance than a breaking issue.  Any ideas on how to resolve this?

Thanks,

Matt

Bit Torrent
0 Kudos

Re: BTTray.exe - System Error on T410

Hello mate,

Try to check your disk with an antivirus could be a malware. If not,use System File Checker.

Open Command Prompt. You must run Command Prompt as an administrator in Windows 7 and Windows Vista to use System File Checker.

Type the command sfc /scannow let the system check and repair files and restart your computer.

__________________________________________________________________________________

Knowledge is of two kinds. We know a subject ourselves, or we know where we can find information on it.

ThinkPad T510 4313-CTO Windows 8 x64 - Intel Core i7-620M - NVIDIA NVS 3100M - 8GB RAM - 240GB SSD- Intel Centrino Ultimate-N 6300 - Gobi 2000.
ThinkPad Helix 3697-CTO Windows 8.1 x64 - Intel Core i7-3667U - Intel HD Graphics 4000 - 8GB RAM- 256GB SSD - Intel Centrino Advanced-N 6205 - Ericsson C5621gw

Paper Tape
0 Kudos

G'Day Vince,

First off, thanks for the quick response.  I did a full system scan and have no malware or viruses.  I also ran sfc and it completed with the message "Windows Resource Protection did not find any integrity violations."  A search of my system (and a manual browse through system folders) didn't find btballoon.dll either.  I'm assuming this is a tool rather than part of the driver itself, unfortunately I don't know what tool.  General Google searches don't really help much either.  Any further ideas?

Paper Tape
0 Kudos

I seem to have found a solution (though perhaps not the most ideal solution). I went into Programs and Features and uninstalled the Thinkpad Bluetooth data enhanced driver, rebooted, and the error is gone. I still have the Bluetooth tray icon so i guess it's all running fine now off the standard Windows drivers.
Bit Torrent

Try to reinstall the latest driver now : http://www-307.ibm.com/pc/support/site.wss/document.do?lndocid=MIGR-70042

__________________________________________________________________________________

Knowledge is of two kinds. We know a subject ourselves, or we know where we can find information on it.

ThinkPad T510 4313-CTO Windows 8 x64 - Intel Core i7-620M - NVIDIA NVS 3100M - 8GB RAM - 240GB SSD- Intel Centrino Ultimate-N 6300 - Gobi 2000.
ThinkPad Helix 3697-CTO Windows 8.1 x64 - Intel Core i7-3667U - Intel HD Graphics 4000 - 8GB RAM- 256GB SSD - Intel Centrino Advanced-N 6205 - Ericsson C5621gw

Paper Tape
0 Kudos

I installed the software from that link and all is well, no errors on startup.  Thanks for the assistance.