Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Raygun
Paper Tape
Views: 428
Message 1 of 17

Back Up solutions for a T450

I am looking for a harddrive solution to back up all my T450 data. I am looking for a non-cloud solution.Any suggestions

ocddave
Punch Card
Views: 405
Message 2 of 17

Re: Back Up solutions for a T450

At home I use the Synology dual bay DS211, I think they are up to DS216 now. Never had an issue with it, and its nice to have the hot-swappable mirrored drives, and many other features (security camera software, email, FTP, internet access to files, etc.) available.

Raygun
Paper Tape
Views: 387
Message 3 of 17

Thanks for the quick and helpful response. Will follow up and report.

Raygun
Paper Tape
Views: 382
Message 4 of 17

In Germany it would cost around Euros 284. Is that everything or are there hidden extras before it is fully functional ?

ocddave
Punch Card
Views: 362
Message 5 of 17

It will cost more, not saying it is cheap, it will cost you. You need to purchase the two HardDrives separately (and you want to buy some good ones). I would say it would be a want, more than a need item, unless you can make it seem more useful for its other features. I wanted a hot-swappable drive system, with security, and access from the internet. Its nice having your own home server at home though, so you have to decide if this is what you really want. It can probably do more than you will ever need, but its nice having options as well.

Raygun
Paper Tape
Views: 348
Message 6 of 17

Hmmm. Sounds a lot.I work with Office 365/Sharepoint, so all my Office stuff is in the cloud and Email is not an issue. However I have non-Office stuff like my tax return programme, bookkeeping and a few other applications which I would just like to back up. This is maybe a too high-powered solution for me. Have to think about. But thanks for putting me on the track

Skoop
Bit Torrent
Views: 344
Message 7 of 17

Get an enclosure like this  and a hard drive of your choice for backup. 

Use Windows' own backup, or if you want to image your entire drive, download the free version of Macrium Reflect. 

Connect it up whenever you want to backup, put it away safely thereafter. 

Raygun
Paper Tape
Views: 336
Message 8 of 17

Sounds pretty good. Can you point me in the direction of suitable hard drives ? Think I am closing in on the solution ;-)

ocddave
Punch Card
Views: 328
Message 9 of 17

Keep in mind that a single drive backup system, means that you can't rely on it to store everything, you need to keep a copy of everything on your computers harddrive as well. So these are two separate approaches, it really depends on your needs.

Raygun
Paper Tape
Views: 323
Message 10 of 17

Right, so what are the two separate approaches ? Thanks for your patience. As you can see I am not that well informed

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors