Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Aarman
Blue Screen Again
Views: 543
Message 1 of 8

Bad Service-Repair T510 warranty not fixed

Unfortunately, I've had some major issues which have not been delt with.

First off, I've been happy with my Thinkpad t510 for the last year. I was having some issues in the 11th month of owning it, and seeing as my warranty was going to expire July 29th, I sent it in for repairs mid July. The only major issue was that it would not go into hibernate or fully shut down. The fan/cpu light would stay on while the screen went black when I clicked hibernate. So that was send in, and I recieved it back to my house around the 27th of July. I opened the box and turned it on and tested the hibernation issue.. It had been fixed and hibernated just fine! The CPU, motherboard and fan were replaced by lenovo according to the report sent back with it. Now, being a student I was in university classes prepping for some final exams, so after I saw that the main issue was fixed, I turned off the laptop and was planning on setting it up with all my files and programs at a later date (mid august ) after my exams were finished as to not waste time setting it up after a system restore was done at the depot. So yesterday, I booted it up, and started transferring all my backed up documents onto the computer. After about 10 minutes, the computer crashed. Temps were not high, they were actually low, the fan was working fine, no weird noises or anything, just a random shutdown. So I rebooted and tried again....instead it just shut down at the loading screen. I tried bootloader, running a restore disk I had made, etc etc and it still shuts down.

So I phone technical support to tell them what happened and to hopefully send it in again for repairs. Now at this point, my warranty is expired, BUT, I did not have this shutting down issue when I originally sent in my t510...so clearly this was something the depot service messed up. The customer support rep was understanding and told me he would send a box, but, being a sunday night and out of business hours, I would have to phone on monday morning to get them to send the box and get a new case number etc. I was pleased and phoned in the morning. The rep in the morning however told me he would not do it, and when I asked to speak to the supervisor, he said that because my warranty is expired he does not have to follow through with my request and escalate this issue with his supervisor. So, I phoned again....and another rep told me no. I figured if I phone again, I might find someone who would understand. So one more time I phone it in, and the rep puts me through to the supervisor who then puts me through to another supervisor in charge of the 2nd level complaint/warranty issues for special cases. (his name is Nate if I recall).

Now, this rep tells me my warranty is expired.. again...(at this point I'm thinking YES I KNOW MY WARRANTY IS EXPIRED BUT THIS ISSUE WAS FROM YOU GUYS, IT WASNT THERE WHEN I SENT IT IN!!) but still, I kept it cool and he told me he can make a one time exception and send me a box because I called within 30 days after the warranty shipped it back....just by a few days I made it I guess. Anyways, he said hes sending a report to the depot guys and that hed call me back in a few days if it gets approved to send me a box to ship it in again.

What I found interesting was that he was a higher supervisor yet he didn't just send me a box or assure me that I would be served. Instead he just puts it off a few days. It is even more peculiar because he didn't give me a number to contact him at AND in "a few days" my 30 days after the depot service warranty will be expired. I honestly don't think he cared about resolving this issue at all, just by the tone of how he was speaking to me. He spoke to me as though I was crazy and that just because my warranty ended I'm just left on my own to deal with an issue caused by the repair center. He never directly told me his name, or gave me any way to contact him in the event I do not hear back and I don't think that is very professional for this kind of "exception" or particular case.

What do I do? I have classes starting september and my t510 just keeps shutting down on boot. And in the event that it does fully boot, I can be using it for 10-20 minutes and then it just shuts down again. So, even though i tested the hibernate issue the day I got it back, there was no way I would have noticed the shutdown issue because I would have had to use it for a while before it shut down.

Any assistence would be greatly appreciated.

Aarman
Blue Screen Again
Views: 494
Message 2 of 8

Re: Bad Service-Repair T510 warranty not fixed

@_@
lead_org Microsoft MVP Contributor
Microsoft MVP Contributor
Views: 476
Message 3 of 8

i have asked someone to look into this matter for you.
Regards,

Jin Li

May this year, be the year of 'DO'!

I am a volunteer, and not a paid staff of Lenovo or Microsoft
Aarman
Blue Screen Again
Views: 456
Message 4 of 8

Thanks.

Do you know if there is someone higher up in the warranty department that I could contact about this? Im hoping to resolve this before the end of the month.

lead_org Microsoft MVP Contributor
Microsoft MVP Contributor
Views: 446
Message 5 of 8

well that person should be able to arrange everything that needs to be done. Let that person respond first, only this way you would get the assistance that you require.
Regards,

Jin Li

May this year, be the year of 'DO'!

I am a volunteer, and not a paid staff of Lenovo or Microsoft
Former Employee
Views: 426
Message 6 of 8

hey Aarman,

sorry to hear that, could you pm to me the following -

Name:
Mobile:
Email:
MTM [machine type model]:

(To locate MTM - http://support.lenovo.com/en_US/FindProductNumber.page#find)

S/N:
Date of Purchase:
Case/Order Number : (if any)

Screenshot of Error(if applicable) : (upload it to a hosting site and paste the link here)

Location of unit : Home / Repair Center (delete where appropriate)

Description of issue :

WW Social Media
Important Note: If you need help, post your question in the forum, and include your system type, model number and OS. Do not post your serial number.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

Follow @LenovoForums on Twitter!
Have you checked out the Community Knowledgebase yet?!
How to send a private message? --> Check out this article.
Aarman
Blue Screen Again
Views: 390
Message 7 of 8

Thanks,

PM sent

Aarman
Blue Screen Again
Views: 365
Message 8 of 8

So I still havent received a phonecall or message or any form of followup as I was told I would get.....This is just terrible. I was planning on ordering my Thinkpad Tablet this weekend, but after the service I have received from this simple issue on my t510, I don't think I will be continuing to purchase from lenovo.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors