Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jah0708
Not applicable
Views: 363
Message 1 of 5

Battery Conservation Mode T460 Dissapeared

My battery won't charge past 80%.  When I open the Lenovo Settings app and click on the battery, Conservation Mode is not showing up.  I would like to turn it off, but cannot seem to find where to do that without that mode available.  Any suggestions?

hzfdbd
Not applicable
Views: 315
Message 2 of 5

Re: Battery Conservation Mode T460 Dissapeared

You would need to re-install Thinkpad Dependency package. The latest Thinkpad Depdency is not correctly install via Companion in your system.
Unistall Thinkpad Dependency package.
And reboot
Ensure Lenovo Setting is not opened.
Re-install latest Thinkpad Dependency package
Reboot
It would be shown again.
hzfdbd
Not applicable
Views: 305
Message 3 of 5

And the new version of Thinkpad Dependency package is going to be released to fix this issue, please wait a few days and install it from Companion or tvsu.
jah0708
Not applicable
Views: 302
Message 4 of 5

Do you know exactly when the package will be released.  Also, can you provide a link to the download when it is?

TP4
Not applicable
Views: 277
Message 5 of 5

@hzfdbd wrote:
You would need to re-install Thinkpad Dependency package. The latest Thinkpad Depdency is not correctly install via Companion in your system.
Unistall Thinkpad Dependency package.
And reboot
Ensure Lenovo Setting is not opened.
Re-install latest Thinkpad Dependency package
Reboot
It would be shown again.

Thank you. The option is back in Lenovo Settings, although I did need to be a little patient when I started Lenovo Settings after this procedure (at first, it was not shown but after a little while it was). This also restored the Battery Gauge Reset buttons that I had also lost with the same update.

Since this procedure, I have once charged the laptop and it did not stop at the indicated percentage (it was turned off at the time, which previously worked nicely). Hopefully it does work correctly the next time.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors