Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Cahlin
Fanfold Paper
Views: 310
Message 1 of 5

Best Docking Station For T510

I have a ThinkPad T510. I've recently replaced the HD with a Crucial SSD and upped my RAM. What docking station works BEST with my laptop. The Mini Dock or Mini Dock PLUS? I plan to connect a USB DasKeyboard, External 23'-monitor, and it would be nice if it have another USB port or two for an external hard drive and wired/wireless mouse. 

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Oh, as long as you're here: I've noticed that my Crucial SSD drive is not nearly as zippy fast as it was when first installed. Any suggestions? (I'm assuming the guilty culprit is Windows 10 upgrade after upgrade.) Thanks everyone!

SeaPee
Punch Card
Views: 297
Message 2 of 5

Re: Best Docking Station For T510

Correct me if I am wrong, there is some difference to the ports (listed in the spoilers) and also only the 170W version of the Mini dock plus are capable to powerup the Quad Core CPU

Spoiler
Mini dock
Ethernet
VGA
DVI-D (Single Link)
DisplayPort
Audio Microphone-in
Audio Headphone-out
USB (6-ports)
Kensington Lock connector
Key lock
Power button

Spoiler
Mini Dock plus 170W
Ethernet

VGA
2x DVI-D (Single Link)
2x DisplayPort
esata

Audio Microphone-in
Audio Headphone-out
USB (6-ports)
Kensington Lock connector
Key lock
Power button

As for you SSD issue check speed if there is any issues with the hardware itself, you could use "as ssd benchmark" or anyother tool to check the speed. Otherwise probably Windows and/or drivers is the culprit

- S.P
Cahlin
Fanfold Paper
Views: 288
Message 3 of 5

It appears either will do the trick. Also, I took your advice and ran AS SSD Benchmark. Where can I find out what the results mean? Thank you.
SeaPee
Punch Card
Views: 269
Message 4 of 5

You can compare the numbers to the manufacturers claim that the speed of your SSD should be around.

- S.P
Cahlin
Fanfold Paper
Views: 249
Message 5 of 5

Two additional docking questions:

1) I had no idea there were two different AC power adapter chargers. 65w which I have and 90w which apparantly I will need to power the docking station and attached monitor. Is that correct?

2) Also, instead of purchasing an older Lenovo Docking Station or Port Replicator (btw: are the terms one and the same) does anyone know if the Plugable USB 3.0 Dual Monitor Docking Station will work instead? 

Thank you!

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors