12-05-2018 06:34 AM
Im looking for getting a lenovo thinkpad A485 in this shopping season, but have been noticing iposts on ssues with the bios and cpu throttling hindering the performance of the laptop. Im not a power user by all means for now, just looking for replacement laptop with much better battery life, but would like to be assure that these issues will see a decent fix for it.
1. So far has the situation improved in any significant way?
2. Is there any other way to get around the issue?
3. Any other common problems i should be aware of?
12-06-2018 01:28 PM - edited 12-06-2018 01:29 PM
As it stands, essentially:
12-26-2018 03:26 AM
well i bought the laptop. gosh the buying experience was horrendous. gosh.
Now im having a few issues to even get the laptop up and running.
1. cellullar network didnt work. i had the sim card in from my phone, nothing. didnt even find anything in windows that seems to have that feature working.
2. Im putting the HDD from my old laptop into this new one. turns out they dont include the perprietary sata cable that connects to the motherboard if you spec it with only the SSD (or is it a manufacturer's defect, cant tell, lenovo service centre is useless to put it politely?)
Well. I got mine with the latest 1.11 latest version of the bios already. So. Meh? cant do much about that.