08-30-2018 01:36 AM
I'm trying to find a way to update bios to the latest version on computers that are completely cleaned.
There is no windows, no nothing on them.
On other computers (ex M910q) you can do this via USB but not on T470s.
You only get two options.
1. Windows update utility, and thats a problem for obvious reasons.
2. Boot cd...
And im thinking... who uses optical drives nowadays? Ok, a few. I'll give them that.
But T470s GOT NO OPTICAL DRIVES!
And the ISO file that i can download seems to use eltorito and i can't find a way to extract to a bootable USB.
Can someone help me? I really don't want having to install windows on hundreds of computers only to update bios and then wipe them again.
Solved! Go to Solution.
08-30-2018 05:55 AM - edited 08-30-2018 05:57 AM
08-30-2018 11:47 PM
Thank you but...
I've fixed the problem but the instructions in the readme was a bit unclear.
So, if anyone else gets this problem, here's a guide.
1. Download Bios Update Utility for Windows.
2. Run the program.
3. Select instalation location and click next.
4. Uncheck "Install Thinkpad BIOS Update Utility now" and click finish.
5. Start the Command Promt and go to the installation directory. (Funny thing, here there is a new readme to tell you how to continue)
6. type mkusbkey.bat ?: where ? is the location of the usb. eg "mkusbkey.bat f:" or "mkusbkey.bat d:"
then the USB is good to go.
7. Make sure that the computer you are gonna flash has UEFI and not Legacy setup in BIOS otherwise it wont start with the USB.