10-26-2009

Los Angeles, CA

160 Signins

834 Page Views

• Views: 834
  • Message 1 of 3

Bluetooth Blues

2009-11-17, 22:20 PM

I have a T500 with most of the bells and whistles, including the Bluetooth Module. After migrating to Windows 7, the BT module doesn't seem to work properly. When booting up, it used to connect to my Logitech M555b bluetooth mouse readily. Now, it doesn't connect at all when booting up even though the lights under the display clearly indicate that the module is on. I have to turn off the module then turn it back on in order to work. I have deduced that it's not the mouse as I can't connect to other BT devices either unless I manually turn off then turn on the module.

Is this a software related glitch? Or a hardware related glitch? I have the latest driver installed.

Any insight would be most appreciated.

Options

87 Posts

10-26-2009

Los Angeles, CA

160 Signins

834 Page Views

• Views: 834
  • Message 2 of 3

Re: Bluetooth Blues

2009-11-18, 0:54 AM

So I uninstalled the Lenovo Bluetooth with EDR II and installed Broadcom's Win 7 64-bit driver instead. Turns out it's the one and the same. During driver installation, the app said it could not find the BT adapter, even though it's clearly on. I turned off the BT and turned it back on and it found it. After install, this is the message that showed up on the screen:

Link to picture

Rebooted the computer, then paired up / added the Logitech BT mouse and just to have another device to test, I added my iPhone. All seemed to be working fine. Just to if the same problem persisted, I rebooted the computer once again. And... the BT module fails yet again. Even though it's "on", it apparently isn't. The mouse can't pair to it, nor can my iPhone, both of which were added to BT devices per the screen capture below:

Link to picture

Both devices are opaque because they aren't connected, even though I had set it up before rebooting. 

Just to verify, I opened the properties window of the BT mouse. The mouse had clearly connected before but now it's not connecting yet again. 

To give it a final test, I turned off and then turned back on the BT module via radio control and voila... it connects to the mouse. There's definitely an issue of some sort. I'm guessing it's hardware because all the latest firmware / drivers have been installed. 

Is sending this off to Lenovo the only option I have?

Link to picture

Moderator note; embedded pictures totalling >50K converted to links

Options

65 Posts

08-11-2009

NO

73 Signins

662 Page Views

• Views: 662
  • Message 3 of 3

Re: Bluetooth Blues

2009-11-19, 12:41 PM

maybe my reply in the following post may help you:

http://forums.lenovo.com/t5/T400-T500-and-newer-T-series/T500-AD2P-Bluetooth-Woes/m-p/177096#M17930

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save