cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
user782739
Paper Tape
Views: 1,065
Message 1 of 5

Bluetooth Headset (Bose QC35) connected to T530 - not listed as audio device in Win10

I know this question has been asked across different forums throughout the net. However, after I've almost tried everything now to solve this issue, I'm finally addressing the Lenovo community hoping to resolve this issue.

Issue: Bose bluetooth headset QC35 gets successfully connected to my Lenovo T530 but doesn't show up as an audio device under Win10 Pro. In first stage, the connection seemed to be "fine" as the device name of the headset (configured through the Bose app) appeared under Win10 device manager.

Already tried:

1. 3 different bluetooth USB dongles

2. Inbuilt Broadcomm bluetooth device

3. All imageanable settings within Windows

4. Different driver sets

5. Bose hotline (very unsatisfying support)

6. Bose shop (as well very unsatisfying and useless answers)

7. Windows support (very, very unsatisfying support)

8. Completely deleting the headset from Windows (including driver)

9. Resetting the headset

Overall, the outcome is that I still can't use the QC35 as a bluetooth headset with my T530. Trying with different other notebooks and Apple devices worked fine.

Looking forward to receiving your much appreciated thoughts and possible ideas on how to solve this problem.

JDGillis
Bit Torrent
Views: 1,012
Message 2 of 5

Re: Bluetooth Headset (Bose QC35) connected to T530 - not listed as audio device in Win10

Although you do not specifically mention updating the Bose firmware, I presume that you have already tried installing the latest Bose firmware for your headphones; but if not, try updating

You might also running services.msc and try changing the startup for the Bluetooth Support Service from manual to automatic, and then restarting the service to see if that helps too.

Try also clearing the pairing list by holding the pairing switch to the right for ten seconds or so, or until you hear the message.

Bose® system update center

http://worldwide.bose.com/downloads/en/web/product_selection/page.html

Good Luck,

user782739
Paper Tape
Views: 989
Message 3 of 5

Re: Bluetooth Headset (Bose QC35) connected to T530 - not listed as audio device in Win10

Hi @JDGillis,

thanks a lot for your prompt reply. Yes, unfortunately I've indeed already tried these three approaches without any success :-(

Again, thanks a lot!

user782739
Paper Tape
Views: 956
Message 4 of 5

Sorry for pushing. Noone an idea? Lenovo Support maybe? ;-)

shirli
What's DOS?
Views: 445
Message 5 of 5

I have exactly the same issue on win 7 , did you find solution ?

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors