Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Welcome to the Forums!

Welcome to Lenovo's Peer-to-Peer Discussion Community!
Please note our guidelines. How to register and login and Community FAQs.

Help Lenovo Shape the Future of PCs

Take the ownership survey. Share your ideas with our product team

Community Spotlight

Visit the Community Blog

Are you ready for Windows 10?

Get to know Windows 10
Visit the Windows 10 Support Center
Blue Screen Again
0 Kudos

Bluetooth: T420s streaming audio to loungeroom stereo speakers?

Hi there,

I have a new T420s (4173-CTO) with integrated Bluetooth 3.0 (Win 7 Home Prem.) that I have paired with a Belkin Music Receiver (F8Z492au) that is plugged into an auxiliary port of a stereo amplifier (RCA).  But I can't get any music to come out of the loungeroom speakers. If I plug the laptop directly into the RCA ports of the amp there is no problem.

I believe I have paired or connected to the Belkin device successfully--although it is called a "Bluetooth headset" rather than "Stereo Audio" or something more appropriate.

Do I need to get a Stereo Audio profile displayed in the Sound->Playback tab rather than the "Bluetooth Hands free Audio" of the headset profile? Perhaps do something extra to enable my ThinkPad for 'A2DP stereo' (?), so I can output to my stereo speakers through the Belkin receiver?

Under Headphones Properties the Advanced tab shows default sample rate & bit depth as "2 channel, 16 bit 48000Hz (DVD quality)".

Under Bluetooth Settings, Hardware tab I have:
'Microsoft Bluetooth Enumerator' with Driver :  6.1.17601.17607; and
'ThinkPad Bluetooth 3.0' with Driver : 6.4.0.1201

Under Devices & Printers, Belkin device (G13) Properties, Hardware, Properties, I have:
'Bluetooth AV' with Driver : 6.4.0.750

The option to update these drivers in the above tabs are greyed out.

I see from Programs & Features that "ThinkPad Bluetooth with Enhanced Data Rate Software" (Broadcom) is installed with Driver version 6.4.0.1500. 

I have found the following related posts but they don't really help me (tried Win 7 equivalent of number 1):
# JamesZ advice (device doesnt show as ".. Stereo Audio" anywhere)
http://forums.lenovo.com/t5/T400-T500-and-newer-T-series/How-do-I-pair-my-Bluetooth-Headset-with-the...

# bluetooth driver virus?
http://forums.lenovo.com/t5/T400-T500-and-newer-T-series/OS-wiped-out-during-Bluetooth-drivers-updat...

Thanks for your help
Philip

Blue Screen Again
0 Kudos

Re: Bluetooth: T420s streaming audio to loungeroom stereo speakers?

Hi there

Anyone from Lenovo have a suggestion?

Thanks

Paper Tape
0 Kudos

Similar problem with my Nokia BH-905 headphones.  On my Dell with the Toshiba BT stack, I had 2 seperate devices/profiles showup for the Nokia BH-905: a bluetooth headset and an A2DP Headphones.  In my ThinkPad T420 I just have a bluetooth headset listed for the Nokia BH-905.  While the services for teh BT headset show both "Bluetooth AV" and "Bluetooth Headset" and the audio settings in Windows 7 for the BT headset are set to DVD quality, the sound quality from the Nokia BH-905 is significantly poorer than when using them with my Dell.  It sounds as if the audio is being compressed at a very low bit rate for transmission via Bluetooth to the headphones.  Is there a way to verify that the profile for my Nokia BH-905, specifically the "Bluetooth AV" service is, in fact, and A2DP profile?  Any help would be appreciated.

Highlighted
Paper Tape
0 Kudos

Did some additional research, testing, and configurations.  Final conclusion: the T420s bluetooth audio is just crap.

Definitely not the headphones, because they work fine with the old laptop, and even better with my iPhone.  Tried with a different pair of bluetooh headphones as well.  No configuration yields better results than another, that I can tell.  Either the T420s bluetooth drivers don't offer a true AD2P profile, or the one that is offered just doesn't sound good.  I guess I will be streaming music with my iPhone from now on.  Not going to be good for my battery life, though