Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
supermerkin
What's DOS?
Views: 1,256
Message 1 of 5

Bluetooth connection to my phone?

How do I connect my phone to my CPU or can I? The Bluetooth icon is lit up but my phone doesnt see it? Help!
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,245
Message 2 of 5

Re: Bluetooth connection to my phone?

You're going to have to give a few more details.

What computer model do you have? What bluetooth software installed?

What phone do you have? which device has the icon lit up?

There's a process to pair devices. As long as you have bluetooth enable and visible to both devices there's you should be able to start process whereby you give permission from one device to pair with the other.

supermerkin
What's DOS?
Views: 1,243
Message 3 of 5

Sorry its a t400 running XP. Just got it from my company last friday. I have an HTC Fuze (att) and I cant find anywhere in the computer that says anything about bluetooth so I assume there isnt any software installed to use the hardware?

The icon that is lit up is next to where it says Lenovo and has other lit icons like the power,battery,caps, wifi, etc...

Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,214
Message 4 of 5

Well, if your BT icon is lit on the computer then it should be enabled.

To make sure go into Device Manger (right click My Computer --> properties --> hardware tab --> device manager) and check if you have the latest BT drivers installed. If not, download them from the Lenovo support website.

Make sure that both your computer and the phone are set to be visible to other BT devices. They should find each and you will be notifed of this in the taskbar.

I'm not familiar with the software that comes with HTC phones, but if you have a sync program for it, try installing that too.

Then if they're both found, click on the balloon in the taskbar and follow the instructions to pair the devices.

supermerkin
What's DOS?
Views: 1,199
Message 5 of 5

the issue now is that I cant find where the bluetooth settings are in the CPU. I have looked in the programs, settings, control panel, etc... where the hell is it hidden?

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors