Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

ThinkPad NotebooksThinkPad: T400 / T500 and newer T series Laptops
All Forum Topics
Options

8 Posts

10-24-2009

New Jersey

17 Signins

124 Page Views

• Views: 124
  • Message 1 of 2

Bluetooth driver update failed

2015-01-14, 15:21 PM

System: T430u

I was having a problem detecting a new bluetooth speaker so, Using Lenovo Solution Center, I chose to update my bluetooth driver.  Beforef the update, I had run some bluetooth software by double-clicking on the bluetooth icon in my system tray and didn't shut it down, so it was running during the update.  I assumed that's why the update failed (couldn't shut down some service whose name I don't remember).  After the installation failure there was an option to manually install the driver by clicking on some link (still within Lenovo Solution Center).  So I clicked and it seemed to install.

After reboot, there's no bluetooth icon in the system tray and when I check the driver, version it's an old version.  The Installation history in LSC says:

"Broadcom Bluetooth Device Software BCM20702 -8[32,64]/8.1 [64]  version 12.0.0.5400 Did not install"

But now doesn't give me the option of installing it and I can't find it at the Lenovo support pages for my laptop.

Can someone give me some advice on what to try next?

Options

725 Posts

11-21-2013

United States of America

837 Signins

10702 Page Views

• Views: 10702
  • Message 2 of 2

Re: Bluetooth driver update failed

2015-01-14, 15:24 PM

Restore point in Windows.

Note for future:  Lenovo Update does NOT create restore points.  You'll need one of your own to roll back in case you don't like what LU does for you.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms