Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
atlake
Paper Tape
Views: 475
Message 1 of 3

Bluetooth mouse slows data on ThinkPad T460s

I ordered a ThinkPad 460s which has not arrived yet.  In the order process Lenovo recommended their bluetooth mouse so I ordered it also.  I have been reading the owner's manual and on page 30 I found this information:

Note: If you use the wireless feature (the 802.11 standards) of your computer simultaneously with a Bluetooth option, the data transmission speed can be delayed and the performance of the wireless feature can be degraded.

Since I will be using a wireless connection to the internet I am going to return the bluetooth mouse.  It seems strange that Lenovo would recommend this if it is going to degrade he performance.

Skoop
Bit Torrent
Views: 441
Message 2 of 3

Re: Bluetooth mouse slows data on ThinkPad T460s

Well, it's sort of full-disclosure, I guess. 

BT and wireless N share the same antenna and radio channel (2.4 GHz).  If, however, the wireless card is dual band, and you have a dual band router, you can connect on the 5 GHz band and the BT mouse will work by itself on the other band. 

But if you're moving the laptop around and don't know where you're going to connect, then it's probably better to ditch the mouse.  Dual band isn't yet the defacto standard everywhere you go. 

Just get nice little Logitech USB mouse like this one. I've had them for years and they're indestructable.  They just work.  

atlake
Paper Tape
Views: 430
Message 3 of 3

Re: Bluetooth mouse slows data on ThinkPad T460s

Thanks for the very helpful reply

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors