Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ewok1
Punch Card
Views: 1,177
Message 1 of 6

Bluetooth on T450 Win10x64

Either a windows update or a driver update has caused my bluetooth device to be disabled, I tried getting the latest driver from the lenovo website, uninstalling, and reinstalling the device to no avail. If I reenable it, it just goes into a loop where it tries to load the driver but fails and just keeps trying. Not sure what to do, could be that WinUpdate broke it, or that the latest driver is bad.

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 1,161
Message 2 of 6

Re: Bluetooth on T450 Win10x64

Did you try uninstalling and deleting the old driver before installing?

Rich

I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo.
ewok1
Punch Card
Views: 1,136
Message 3 of 6

I did uninstall the device from devices manager, then rebooted. Windows tried to install the device with an older driver and was not working. Then I installed the newest driver, rebooted again and it still didn't work.

@richk are you suggesting I manually delete something before the first reboot?

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 1,132
Message 4 of 6

Yes.  when you uninstall from the system, there is a confirmation box.  There there is an option to delete the device from the system.  Do that, then manually install the new package.

Rich

I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo.
ewok1
Punch Card
Views: 1,117
Message 5 of 6

It's strange, when I uninstall and delete, the computer seems to almost immediately rescan for hardware, find the bluetooth radio and tries to install whatever driver it can find. It almost seems as if there's a loose connector... hrm...

ewok1
Punch Card
Views: 1,095
Message 6 of 6

Interestingly, the problem seems to have solved itself when I shutdown last night and booted back up after a flight and not attached to my docking station.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors