Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gocozumel
Paper Tape
Views: 219
Message 1 of 7

Bluetooth option no longer showing up so can't use bluetooth mouse

Bluetooth option no longer showing up so can't use bluetooth mouse. This computer does have bluetooth. How can I turn it back on?

Highlighted
JDGillis
Bit Torrent
Views: 205
Message 2 of 7

Re: Bluetooth option no longer showing up so can't use bluetooth mouse

Does the Bluetooth appear in Device Manager, and if so is it enabled in the Windows OS you are using?

gocozumel
Paper Tape
Views: 196
Message 3 of 7

Does not show up in devices. I just found that in the WiFi settings, it shows no network acces for IPv6 connectivity.  I had to change something there recently and may have disconnected that.  Should that be connected, and if so...how do I do it. Thanks so  much.   

JDGillis
Bit Torrent
Views: 190
Message 4 of 7

Does it show in Device Manager as an unknown or hidden device?    (Hidden devices can be shown by selecting the View menu while in Device Manager.

Does the WiFi work?      On many systems, the WiFi and Bluetooth are combined on one device/card installed on the computer, and can be disabled in the BIOS, so you might want to go to Setup and make sure it is enabled.  

IPv6 is not required for Bluetooth, or Internet connectivity for that matter, but it normally would be installed.

What computer model and version of Windows are you running?

gocozumel
Paper Tape
Views: 183
Message 5 of 7

Bluetooth mouse not showing up in device manager. Bluetooth not showing up in the action center and not showing up in the hidden icons.  I know it was in the hidden icons before.  Bluetooth mouse worked just fine until yesterday.  I have a Thinkpad T560 and Windows 10.  Frustrated with the latest updates and it took days after the last one to get things working again.  Don't know if I messed something up or if the latest Windows update screwed something else up.  By the way...thank you so much!!!!

JDGillis
Bit Torrent
Views: 177
Message 6 of 7

Yeah, the latest Windows version has definitely been a challenge to say the least.

IF you you right-click on start and select Device Manager, do you see a Bluetooth device, or any unknown "Other Devices" listed.    If so, then you may need an updated device driver. 

If your system as the Intel Bluetooth card, you can download the latest BT driver from Intel directly, which is a bit newer than the one on the Lenovo site, and see if that helps.    There is also a newer version of the Intel Pro-set WiFi driver available too.   Both are Version: 19.60.0 dated 05/16/2017  vs. the 19.5.11 versions that are on the Lenovo site

Note:  I would probably install the latest WiFi driver first, and then the BT driver.

If you have the broadcom card, I cannot find any newer drivers.

gocozumel
Paper Tape
Views: 141
Message 7 of 7

I really appreciate your willingness to help.  After struggling with this for days, I finally did a system restore to 3 days earlier when everything was working and now the bluetooth option is back in the action center, bluetooth is listed in the device manager and the bluetooth mouse is working.  My printers are working again (before that for a few days they kept saying they were not connected) and I'm finally able to function as normal again.  

It seemed that everything went bad after I shut my computer down and restarted it the next morning, so at least now if it happens again I'll just go back to the nearest restore point.

Thank you for your advice and I learned a lot while I was trying to fix this.  Everything I learn helps.

Kathy 

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors