cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Eduardo_Foresti
Paper Tape
Views: 500
Message 1 of 3

Boot Error Mystery. T430S 2101: Detection error on HDD2 (mini sata), BUT I don't use a Mini SATA

Hi.  I have a T430s (original owner). At boot-up, I receive a "2101: Detection error on HDD2 (mini sata)", BUT I don't use a Mini SATA!! 

Windows 10; All drivers current via Lenovo system update (incl. bios 2.69).

I have a Crucial SSD drive; I have verified Crucial SSD has latest firmware.

I do not have (and have not had) a Mini SATA card installed - this is why the error is so weird to me.

I DID recently change the Wifi Switch and cable (which is when the error started showing)

The wires that would feed the Mini SSD are still covered with tape from the factory (I forget the colors)

I have removed the battery, internal battery and power (and rebooted).  I have reseated the SSD and the DVD drive (and rebooted).

I do not have Express software installed; the software that would control the Mini SATA drive (I can't see any "express" software in Add / Remove programs)

Can you help me with this annoying mystery?

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 477
Message 2 of 3

Re: Boot Error Mystery. T430S 2101: Detection error on HDD2 (mini sata), BUT I don't use a Mini SA

"I DID recently change the Wifi Switch and cable "

Is the cable the antenna wires?  Is the switch the slider on the side of the case?  Did you change the card?

Rich

I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo.
Eduardo_Foresti
Paper Tape
Views: 471
Message 3 of 3

Re: Boot Error Mystery. T430S 2101: Detection error on HDD2 (mini sata), BUT I don't use a Mini SA

Hi richk.  Thank you for your note.  Answers to questions:

Q: Is the cable the antenna wires? A:  Yes, that is my understanding.

Q: Is the switch the slider on the side of the case? Yes.  The slider is on the right, and the cable runs back to the left and is under the keyboard, somewhere, probably around the "CTRL" key.

Q: Did you change the card? A: If you're asking about the Wifi card (the Centrino N6205), I did remove and reinstall the card as part of the process of accesssing wifi switch cable.   If you are asking about a mini sata card, I've never had one (I had a factory SSD Drive that I replaced months ago with a Crucial SSD).

Thank you.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors