cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
GailOleaga
Fanfold Paper
Views: 680
Message 1 of 6

Boot selection? UEFI, legacy or both with or without CSM? T440 8.1 operating system not booting

Guru
Views: 676
Message 2 of 6

Re: Boot selection? UEFI, legacy or both with or without CSM? T440 8.1 operating system not booting

See below snips from user guide of settings and also stating not to change settings after installing or you may have a booting problem.

https://download.lenovo.com/ibmdl/pub/pc/pccbbs/mobiles_pdf/t440_ug_en.pdf?linkTrack=PSPSmiley TongueroductInfo:U...

do not change.PNGcsm.PNG

If a post answers your question, please mark it as an”Accepted Solution“!
If a post helps you, please click the star to give it a "Kudo"!

I do not work for, nor do I speak for Lenovo. I will not respond to unsolicited private messages. Questions belong in the forum so it may help other forum members as well.
TP 25 Retro, X1 Yoga 3rd Gen, W510 850 EVO, A30p
Retired 385D, A20p, A21p

GailOleaga
Fanfold Paper
Views: 668
Message 3 of 6

Re: Boot selection? UEFI, legacy or both with or without CSM? T440 8.1 operating system not booting

Thank you. My problem is this: My hard drive died awhile back and was replaced with a Samsung SSD 850 Pro. It was operating fine then I was hacked and as a result of me trying to get rid of the viruses I was advised to activate BitLocker and make some changes in the Bios. Since then, my laptop is  booting up to a list of repair options. None will work because I am getting a message that the drive where Windows was installed is locked.  Not sure of the problem or how to fix it.  In any case  there is no SSD  choice on my list so a lenovo tech told me to choose PCI LAN .

I don't know if this is correct or not and there are  HDD CHOICES but no SSD choice. All I know no matter what I've done it boots to the repair page and says Drive where the Windows is installed is locked. None of the repair options will work as a result of this.

A long way to get to the end but thanks for listening and if you could help out I'd really appreciate it.

Gail

GailOleaga
Fanfold Paper
Views: 656
Message 4 of 6

The manual you sent me is awesome thank you so much I'm reading it but I still not sure if I set it to both the legacy and UEFI or not or what is causing the windows  folder it's installed in to be locked.

Thank you again

Guru
Views: 650
Message 5 of 6

Based on what i read it says by "enabling OS optimized"  The other settings you asked about are changed AUTOMATICALLY.  So dont change it after enabling OS optimized.  Make sure to save settings before leaving BIOS though.  Hopefully someone else can jump in on your other questions.

If a post answers your question, please mark it as an”Accepted Solution“!
If a post helps you, please click the star to give it a "Kudo"!

I do not work for, nor do I speak for Lenovo. I will not respond to unsolicited private messages. Questions belong in the forum so it may help other forum members as well.
TP 25 Retro, X1 Yoga 3rd Gen, W510 850 EVO, A30p
Retired 385D, A20p, A21p

GailOleaga
Fanfold Paper
Views: 635
Message 6 of 6

Where do I find this OS optimzied to enable it? Don't recall seeing this anywhere

Thanks again and have an awesome day!

Gail

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors