Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
zaknet
What's DOS?
Views: 923
Message 1 of 6

Brand new T480s trackpad's buttons and keyboard leave marks on the screen

I am extremely disappointed by Lenovo, I placed my order in 31st of August, I received my laptop(T480s) in the 2nd of October, after a week of use I noticed the marks left by the keyboard and the trackpad buttons on the screen, I believe those marks will damage the screen over time. This is just ridiculous, I paid a premium price for this laptop 1600 CAD to get this poorly designed laptop. I hate Macs, this is won't happen with a Mac book pro product. Lenovo said that their products undergo the 21 MIL-SPEC durability tests, BS! The only test that matters is to put this laptop in a backpack for a day like any student or professional would do, open the lid to see the keyboard marks on the screen!
I spoke with the technical support, the only option they offer is to send it to the depot for repair, I don't know how they would repair a design flaw. I would have to wait for two weeks without a laptop, thank you Lenovo!
Also, I spoke with Lenovo customer representative regarding my order, she offered me two options, one, they send a replacement laptop, I will be waiting for another month for that replacement to arrive(most likely it will have the same issue). I will keep using my current defective laptop. The second option, getting a refund, I will have to send the laptop and wait for two weeks to get the refund approved.

I took the laptop to a Lenovo authorize service center, the technician over there told me he can't do much about this issue, there is not enough clearance between the lid and keyboard.

I am so frustrated about this purchase experience, it's a waste of time and patience.

Can anybody give me advice? (Please, putting a cloth between the lid and keyboard is not a solution)

Thanks,
Zak

boooggy
802.11n
Views: 854
Message 2 of 6

Re: Brand new T480s trackpad's buttons and keyboard leave marks on the screen

well, i noticed the same issue as you reported but the only thing i did, was to clean the screen with alchool and the marks went away. of course its a short term solution and it appeared again.

i dont think lenovo can do anything about it as it is a design flaw.

so i guess only you stay with it and clean it time to time or refund.

XG1
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 805
Message 3 of 6

does this happent to anyone's T480 model as well? So far for the T480 that I have owned has no such issue yet. 

Fanfold Paper
Views: 772
Message 4 of 6

It happens on my T580 as well. Definitely not a great design and probably just a matter of time before the marks become permanent

ali68912
What's DOS?
Views: 656
Message 5 of 6

I've used T450s, T470 and T480. All have had the same problem. Ultimately, I have started keeping a paper when I close my laptop.

It is a design flaw since they changed the shape i.e. since Lenovo T440.

It's a shame that they charge USD 2,000 for this laptop. 

jeremyshaw
802.11n
Views: 643
Message 6 of 6

Yeah, with my X1C6, I don't put it in my backpack like my Dell Latitude E5450, Vaio S13 before it, or the Alienware M11x. All of them went in sleeves inside a backpack, but ultimately, the X1C6 goes in a shoulder bag and that's it.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors