cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pokeyman76
What's DOS?
Views: 2,993
Message 1 of 27

Brand new Thinkpad T500 w/ Intel 5100 Wireless card - Intermittent network drops

This seems to be a recurring theme as I've found several entries on this subject but no real solutions.

I have an Actiontec MI424WR router. I have had at least 6 different wireless devices connected to this router that include MS and Linksys game routers, Xbox, 2 Lenovo t42 thinkpads and a t60p think pad. All work flawlessly so I don't think this is a router issue.

Windows Vista Home

As soon as the connection drops, I go to access connections and bring it up and it reconnects.

I've downloaded the latest drivers, ran thru all the lenovo updates.

Help!

amitie92
Blue Screen Again
Views: 2,983
Message 2 of 27

Re: Brand new Thinkpad T500 w/ Intel 5100 Wireless card - Intermittent network drops

Is your wireless card have network drops when you use it in other places??

Also, if you use it in only one place,  try it without access connection -- Using Windows Tools.

Smiley Happy 

Retired Guru
Views: 2,975
Message 3 of 27

Re: Brand new Thinkpad T500 w/ Intel 5100 Wireless card - Intermittent network drops

Download and install the latest Intel driver.

Vista 32

Vista 64

\\ I do not respond to PM regarding individual tech support. Keep discussions in the forum for the benefit of others //
Lenovo Staff
Lenovo Staff
Views: 2,908
Message 4 of 27

Couple of things...

1.  This is the same driver version that Lenovo provides.

2.  Installing non-Lenovo drivers usually breaks things.  In particular for wireless drivers, Lenovo adds additional components for the card to work properly with Access Connections and Fn+F5.  Just updating the driver (if it was later) would cause version mismatches and all kinds of problems...

8bit
Punch Card
Views: 2,895
Message 5 of 27

Get rid of Access Connections immediately!  It's a piece of crap to put it lightly.

Solved my problems anyway Smiley Happy

Retired SuperMod
Retired SuperMod
Views: 2,886
Message 6 of 27

8bit wrote:

Get rid of Access Connections immediately!  It's a piece of crap to put it lightly.

Solved my problems anyway Smiley Happy

I've been using AC since 2001 and have found it to be an excellent utility. I've never installed drivers which weren't downloaded from Lenovo and have never had problems.

Guess are experiences have been different.

Andy  

Please remember to come back and mark the post that you feel solved your question as the solution, it earns the member + points

Did you find a post helpfull? You can thank the member by clicking on the star to the left awarding them Kudos

Please add your type, model number and OS to your signature, it helps to help you.

Forum Search Option

T430 2347-G7U W8 x64, Yoga 10 HD+, Tablet 1838-2BG, T61p 6460-67G W7 x64, T43p 2668-G2G XP, T23 2647-9LG XP, plus a few more.

FYI Unsolicited Personal Messages will be ignored.

de.gif  Deutsche Community   es.gif  Comunidad en Español  uk.gif  English Community ru.gif Русскоязычное Сообщество

PepperonI blog 

Highlighted
icarni
Serial Port
Views: 2,864
Message 7 of 27

me 2, I have the same problems, interminent dropout until I go to the router, take the AC-cable down from power and after 3 seconds plug-in, after that it works fine wor a while of few hours but then again same procedure  ........ obviously this is not how I want to get this problem solved .... any thoughts apart from installoing new tools and uninstalling AC ??

8bit
Punch Card
Views: 2,841
Message 8 of 27

I say try uninstalling AC, as I said earlier - worked for me..  You can always put it back.

At the very least we can compare notes and see what it is about AC that's causing these drops.  I would even consider reinstalling to help get to the bottom if in fact that's your case.

ASHDUMP
Punch Card
Views: 2,836
Message 9 of 27

You don't have to uninstall AC in order to disable it.

http://forums.lenovo.com/lnv/board/message?board.id=Special_Interest_Utilities&message.id=5962&jump=...

Lenovo T500 - Windows XP Professional
SuperWoofer
Paper Tape
Views: 2,817
Message 10 of 27

the best thing you can do is to install the newest driver for your system.

i have solved same problem like yours by upgrading the driver. there is nothing you can do with AC......

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors