DE

2 Signins

23 Page Views

• Views: 23
  • Message 1 of 2

Bright Point on my Screen

2018-08-24, 9:05 AM

Dear all, 

I own a Lenovo T470 and when I started it this morning I could clearly see a white stain/point on the screen. 

Please find a picture attached. 

I am currently working in the UK on a project at University. Hence, I do not have much time to go back to Germany to visit the retailer where I bought the machine, set up a new system etc... . I have deadlines next week. 

The problem happens mostly on the white and light ground. If I turn it into a black screen you can not see it anymore. 

How severe is this issue? Could it become even worse? Is there an easy solution (I doubt it)? 

I have honestly no idea what could have caused that. Yesterday evening I was working on it and everything was fine. 

I would be so glad for any help or comments. 

Best 

Options

10815 Posts

01-02-2010

US

39486 Signins

410757 Page Views

• Views: 410757
  • Message 2 of 2

Re: Bright Point on my Screen

2018-08-24, 16:20 PM

Often, bright spots are caused by pressure (thumb pressing on screen???).  I am NOT SAYING YOU CAUSED THIS.  Bright spots are always a hardware problem.  Are you still under warranty?  I really cannot diagnose from the picture, but the best choice is to take it to a service location that does warranty work so you can both be looking at the same thing.

Rich

To help with forum searches, check this out: https:/forums.lenovo.com/t5/Welcome-FAQs/Using-Browser-Search-to-find-your-answers-in-Lenovo-and-Moto-Community/m-p/5016916

I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo.
Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete