11-04-2017

US

1 Signins

13 Page Views

• Views: 13
  • Message 1 of 1

Broken Touch Screen T450S

2017-11-04, 4:54 AM

My mobile phone fell on my Lenovo Thinkpad T450s while I was using it, and now the lefthand side of my T450s touch screen is cracked. The screen started acting like a finger was pressing it most of the time and would not work otherwise, so I turned the touch screen functionality off.

But I'm thinking about replacing the screen even though it's working fine for now and I can see everything; I just don't like that it has long crack marks on the lefthand side and would like the touch functionality to work. I started looking into how to replace it (I'd like to do it myself), and I'm not sure really what I need to buy. I don't know if it's possible to just get the touch panel replaced or if I have to do the LCD screen and touch panel. Also, I have not taken anything apart, so I don't know the part # of my screen for sure yet. I downloaded something from the Lenovo site that told me my ultrabook is Machine Type Model 20BX001MUS and Serial # PC******.

Would I need to buy this? Is this one the same? Can I just get a touch panel/digitizer screen somewhere?

Thanks for any help.

Moderator note: serial number removed to prevent abuse.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save