Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
kertezlacwah
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 204
Message 1 of 6

Can no longer activate windows 10! Uh oh,

Heyo, normally im running manjaro on my t470. I just popped in new ssd in the m.2 slot. Thought, well i guess i'll put windows on here. Windows installer now asks me for a product key for activation... I've installed windows a few times on this machine and it's never asked me for the key. Any idea what's going on? Since, i had windows installed last i've swapped out the hdd for a samsung 860 evo and just popped in a cheap m.2 2242 256gb drive (which is where windows will be) If anyone, can help I would give 10 virtual high fives
Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 200
Message 2 of 6

Re: Can no longer activate windows 10! Uh oh,

Is there an option to skip entering the key?  What happens if you do that - and are connected to the internet?

Also have to ask: same version of Win 10?

Z.

The large print: please read the Community Participation Rules before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

The fine print: I do not work for, nor do I speak for Lenovo. Unsolicited private messages will be ignored - questions and answers belong in the forum so that others may contribute and benefit. ... GeezBlog

Communities:   English    Deutsch    Español    Português    Русскоязычное    Česká    Slovenská    Українська   Polski    Türkçe    Moto English

kertezlacwah
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 197
Message 3 of 6

Thanks for the quick responce! No option to skip. At this point in the installation there is no wifi connection options. Should I try with ethernet connected?  Windows version is the new update iso, could this be the problem?

kertezlacwah
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 186
Message 4 of 6

Tried with ethernet connect.. same same.. i'll try another iso, unless you have another idea. I'm on a 2.5 Mbps "rural wireless broadband" connection. It takes about 4 hours to download hah. 

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 157
Message 5 of 6

When it asks for the key, click the option "I don't have a key" or something similar

Rich

I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo.
kertezlacwah
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 146
Message 6 of 6

Oh, man, haha I wrote a windows 8.1 image to the usb instead. I downloaded the windows 10 iso to a different folder. Thanks guys it should install... i wasn't paying full attention to what i was doing

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors