Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
HeatherT480
Paper Tape
Views: 202
Message 1 of 4

Can’t turn on T480 after replacing keyboard

Hi. Apologies if this has already been addressed somewhere; I haven’t been able to find a specific answer to my problem yet.

I just finished replacing the original keyboard with a compatible backlit version on my thinkpad t480 (with windows 10) and now I can’t seem to start up my laptop. Because I had to disable power before installing the keyboard, I followed this online guide for entering the BIOS menu through Windows 10:

https://support.lenovo.com/us/en/solutions/ht500222

...and then followed the rest of the steps outlined in this video:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Ebvwzax4Dcw

There aren’t many steps but I still made sure to follow everything carefully, so I’m not sure what I’m missing.

*Also - I hope it’s alright that I’m posting these links. I figured it would be much less confusing than to attempt to explain my entire process and possibly miss a step.

Disclaimer - I understand very little about computers so most of this is like a different language to me lol. That said, please let me know if I need to clarify anything.

Any help is much appreciated.

Thank you!!

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 169
Message 2 of 4

Re: Can’t turn on T480 after replacing keyboard

If you disconnected the internal battery through the BIOS, you MUST plug it into A/C before it will start.

Rich

I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo.
HeatherT480
Paper Tape
Views: 152
Message 3 of 4

Yes, I made sure to connect the AC adaptor before attempting to turn it back on. Not sure if the charging light is supposed to glow at this point, but it doesn’t. Pressing the power button doesn’t do anything.

I tried another wall socket but that wasn’t the issue. The battery is properly installed as well. 

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 124
Message 4 of 4

It is easy not to get the power button placed correct so that the little button is actually compressed.  Also check that the little cable is in straight..

Rich

I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo.

We're moving

To a new platform very soon

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors