Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
David351
Fanfold Paper
Views: 245
Message 1 of 1

Cannot get Thinkpad T460P Fingerprint Sensor to Work

Hello all, I hope you are doing well Smiley Happy I purchased my T460P slightly over a year ago. When it arrived, the fingerprint sensor worked perfectly fine. Then I did a reset of Windows 10 and found that the sensor would not work. I got a error Code 10 in device manager. Some research unearthed the fact that this was a known issue when resetting Windows 10 and the only solution was a clean install. Today, after finding the time to backup all my files, I finally did do my clean install of Windows 10. However, I run into the same issue. After installing all drivers and getting everything to work fine, the fingerprint sensor still shows a yellow exclamation mark in device manager and the error: "This device cannot start. (Code 10)" I made sure to format my hard drive when installing and did a complete clean install with no leftover data from my previous install. I downloaded the latest driver from the support page and have also updated BIOS to the latest version (as of November 1 2017). I'm not quite sure what to do next. I know there is no hardware issue as the sensor was working fine and it was the initial reset that caused it to stop working. The laptop has been taken care of well and has had no falls or knocks. I would appreciate any input and thank you for your time in advance Smiley Happy

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors