cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lizj
Paper Tape
Views: 429
Message 1 of 4

Cant Boot from DVD (Secure Boot Disabled, Legacy Boot on)

Hi, Trying to boot my T550 from a Linux (Zorin) installation DVD. Can read the DVD in windows explorer. - it looks ok Have disabled Secure Boot and switched fro UEFI to legacy. Used f12 to select the DVD drive to boot but all I get is a black screen with 3 symbols. The 1st looks like a ruler, then =, then a stick figure in a circle. Any ideas? Liz
Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 353
Message 2 of 4

Re: Cant Boot from DVD (Secure Boot Disabled, Legacy Boot on)

Are you sure the DVD is bootable?  How was it made?  Have you tried booting another machine with it?

Rich

I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo.
lizj
Paper Tape
Views: 331
Message 3 of 4

Thanks! I can't remember exactly how I burned the ISO to the disk, but I used Linux, and I did NOT look for a specific ISO burner. Trying again with Startup disc creator.

lizj
Paper Tape
Views: 317
Message 4 of 4

Tried burning the disk several more times, from Linux and from Windows, using different ISO burners. Eventually tried a new batch of media, and this time I can boot from the DVD, Thanks for reminding me to check the simple things!

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors