Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
redart
Token Ring
Views: 966
Message 1 of 3

Change BIOS boot screen

Can anyone help me with the sequence of keystrokes (right arrow, down arrow, enter, etc) to change the BIOS output screen on a T530 ?.

Or perhaps there's a powershell command that would do it ?.  Need to access my BIOS but the laptop screen output is dead (see other post "T530 screen died") and the BIOS is set to display on it. Need to somehow change the BIOS to display on an external monitor without being able to see the BIOS !. Smiley Frustrated

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 959
Message 2 of 3

Re: Change BIOS boot screen

You can do it remotely via WMI using the script. Or use Lenovo developers' tool with UI
https://thinkdeploy.blogspot.com/2016/08/the-think-bios-config-tool.html

x220 • Gobi 2000 3g | hdd, msata ssd, wwan, wifi, gps -- unique hand-made config
ThinkPad 25 Special Anniversary Edition. #retro. Signed by D.Hill
T470p | X1 Carbon Gen3 | Miix 2 10" | Yoga Tablet 2-1050F (Android) + BT Keyboard
ThinkPad Stack • 2.4/5 Wireless Router, HDD 1 TB, BT Speaker, Power Bank, Mobile Projector

Do it well, worse becomes itself

Communities:   English    Deutsche    Español    Portugues    Русскоязычное    Česká    Slovenská    Українська   Moto English

redart
Token Ring
Views: 951
Message 3 of 3

Re: Change BIOS boot screen

Thank you x220forme ! Followed the link and downloaded and ran the BIOS config tool via GUI. Now have BIOS on external display Smiley Happy Now I just need to figure out the original issue of the dead built-in display!. Thanks again. Legend.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors