Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JMW1937
Paper Tape
Views: 130
Message 1 of 5

Changing T410 multi-screen setting

My T410 User Guide says to change the multiscrren setting via Presentation Manager, but I can't see anything like Presentation Manager.  Pressing Fn-F7 does nothing. The present setting is that when I plug in Screen 2, Screen 1 goes dark, but I want both screens to be active.

Highlighted
Guru
Views: 114
Message 2 of 5

Re: Changing T410 multi-screen setting

What OS are you running?  Sounds like you need Presentation Director?  Your laptop has been EOL(End of Life) but you can get Presentation Director from EOL site below.  There are no newer software from Lenovo other than whats at the below site.  There is no support either.  

https://download.lenovo.com/eol/index.html

If a post answers your question, please mark it as an”Accepted Solution“!
 If a post helps you, please click the star to give it a "Kudo"!

I do not work for, nor do I speak for Lenovo. I will not respond to unsolicited private messages. Questions belong in the forum so it may   help other forum members as well.
 T490, TP 25 Retro, X1 Yoga 3rd Gen, W510 850 EVO, A30p
 Retired 385D, A20p, A21p

JMW1937
Paper Tape
Views: 110
Message 3 of 5

I am running Windows 10. Luckily, it runs on such an aged computer. But there is no Presentation Manager for Windows10, of course. Is ther perhaps a registry edit or something like that, which would enable Fn-F7, or at least allow both screens to be in use?

JMW1937
Paper Tape
Views: 91
Message 4 of 5

I have found that Windows key + P allows me to change the settings, so the problem is solved.

Guru
Views: 77
Message 5 of 5

Glad it worked out for you.  You beat me to it.  I was going to refer you to the below site next.   You can also choose Action Center then project if the keyboard shortcut didn't work for some reason.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4026562/windows-project-to-a-screen

If a post answers your question, please mark it as an”Accepted Solution“!
 If a post helps you, please click the star to give it a "Kudo"!

I do not work for, nor do I speak for Lenovo. I will not respond to unsolicited private messages. Questions belong in the forum so it may   help other forum members as well.
 T490, TP 25 Retro, X1 Yoga 3rd Gen, W510 850 EVO, A30p
 Retired 385D, A20p, A21p

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors