Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
dimonomid
Fanfold Paper
Views: 412
Message 1 of 3

Charged T450 sometimes does not turn on unless power cable is plugged

So I have T450 (20BU-S08U00), and I face this very annoying issue sometimes: I turn off the charged laptop, grab it with me, and when I try to power it on later (on battery), it ignores me completely. I press power button, remove the battery (my model does not have the internal battery, so I can remove it easily), etc; whatever I do, it behaves like a brick. When I get home, I just plug the power cable, the power button led blinks a few times, and after that I can even remove the power cable immediately, and it will turn on normally when I press the power button. So, somehow the laptop gets stuck, and the only way to kick it is to plug the power cable (which might be immediately removed back). Could anyone please share some ideas how to fix that?

Thanks

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 404
Message 2 of 3

Re: Charged T450 sometimes does not turn on unless power cable is plugged

Do you have the latest BIOS?  If not, try that first.

Are you still under warranty?  If BIOS update doesn't fix it, the power circuitry may be sick.

Rich

I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo.
dimonomid
Fanfold Paper
Views: 342
Message 3 of 3

Re: Charged T450 sometimes does not turn on unless power cable is plugged

Thanks, BIOS was not of the latest version, I updated, let's see if it helps

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors