Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BrownZeus
Fanfold Paper
Views: 183
Message 1 of 5

Chassis/Bottom Plate Separation

Hey all, so I've seemed to have done some minor damage to my t480.

I upgraded my stock ram and ssd and put the bottom plate back on and there appears to be separation on the front. There doesn't appear to be any clips that I broke anywhere, so I'm thinking I somehow bowed the bottom plate or chassis when I was using my spudger to separate the two. Any tips to try and reshape it?

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 163
Message 2 of 5

Re: Chassis/Bottom Plate Separation

It should just snap in 

Rich

I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo.
Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 131
Message 3 of 5

It's unlikely that you permanently bowed the case - unless you've cracked it somehow.

If it't built like the T470, the plastic clips on the front edge of the upper case are somewhat fragile.  Their little barbs can break off (so they won't snap in and catch) or they can even (I suspect) curl under the corresponding tabs on the lower case, and not snap over them as they should.  One might avoid this by snapping the front edge into place then rotating the base to snap in the sides and rear.

Don't ask me how I know Smiley Sad

[edit for clarity]

Z.

The large print: please read the Community Participation Rules before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

The fine print: I do not work for, nor do I speak for Lenovo. Unsolicited private messages will be ignored - questions and answers belong in the forum so that others may contribute and benefit. ... GeezBlog

Communities:   English    Deutsch    Español    Português    Русскоязычное    Česká    Slovenská    Українська   Polski    Türkçe    Moto English

BrownZeus
Fanfold Paper
Views: 117
Message 4 of 5

So I double checked the clips, they're all in place and don't seem to be misshapen or bent, they just don't want to snap in. I don't really understand how your rotation method is supposed to work

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 114
Message 5 of 5

I don't have a T470 to look at, but on other models, I have gotten the little hooks on the front edge in place first and then lower the hinge edge.

Rich

I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors