Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
balabalabalaboo
Fanfold Paper
Views: 722
Message 1 of 7

Chinese sale version of T470, no TPM config page in bios

Hello,I just got my new laptop T470,and I found there is no TPM config page in bios setting,but for experiment I need to open it ,so could you send me one TPM Enabled bios setting config backup file if you have T470?,appeciate so much if you can help!

for get a backup of bios settings,please use SRSETUPWIN tool to backup a bios config file,you can download it from lenovo's offical site which url is

https://pcsupport.lenovo.com/us/en/products/LAPTOPS-AND-NETBOOKS/THINKPAD-T-SERIES-LAPTOPS/THINKPAD-...

and,simple unzip it type "srsetupwin64.exe config.bak /C" in the command console

3.png

then you get a config.bak file in current dir,Really very appeciate if you can send me this file!!

Admin note; subject edited for clarity

Community SuperMod
Community SuperMod
Views: 700
Message 2 of 7

Re: Need some help on cool guys who has T470

Hi balabalabalaboo, and welcome to the Lenovo User Community!

What kind of experiment are you hoping to do?

I don't work for Lenovo. I'm a crazy volunteer!
balabalabalaboo
Fanfold Paper
Views: 648
Message 3 of 7

Hi bananaman,Thanks for your replySmiley Wink,sincerely I got a Chinese sale version of T470,and after a long time waiting for delivery,finally got it and resetup a win7x64,rencently I'm working on devlop a simple encrypt program for non commerical use purpose,for encryption and decryption function I choose AES algorithm as this program's main algorithm,and I know that i5 6300u support AES accelerate computing,which make a lot difference compare to none AES accelerate computing(about 1.5GB/s compare to 430MB/s),so I'm ready to use AES instruction sets in it,but after a quick setup I found this laptop doesn't support AES instruction sets,I've been try to flash the up-todate version of bios and many other settings and resetup linux and reflash the microcode of cpu,it still doesn't working at all.So I contact my chinese friend and he asked the saler,they told him because local law reason the AES instruction sets is disabled in t470 for which will sale to Russia and China.So I guess there is some change in BIOS between no AES version and enable AES version,soon I got a America version of BIOS and flash it,it no problem running,but still no AES configuration page in BIOS.So I think there is some other checking in BIOS(I guess it's model number or motherboard serial number etc).Temporary I don't want to extract bios file and check every code in it to find the checking function(since lenovo has other bios digtial sign check for non offical bios rom file,it takes much more work to be done before it really works),My America friend rick told me his x260 support AES instruction and has a configuration page in BIOS,so I guess maybe we can simple use a TPM enabled bios settings file replace it,if it works that will help a lot people who wanna use a CPU contains a complete instruction sets  include AES instruction sets but got a disability thinkpad laptop.

Community SuperMod
Community SuperMod
Views: 630
Message 4 of 7

Hi balabalabalaboo, Thank you for that explanation. Unfortunately discussion of how to work around export restrictions is not allowed here, per the Community Rules.

I don't work for Lenovo. I'm a crazy volunteer!
Administrator
Administrator
Views: 602
Message 5 of 7

Re: Chinese sale version of T470, no TPM config page in bios

Hello balabalabalaboo,

Perhaps you could post the full model number of your T470; not all Chinese or Russian systems have TPM chips which is why you may not be seeing a config page.  If I remember rightly there are stringent local laws surrounding systems with TPM chips in both countries.

Andy

English Community Leader
Please remember to come back and mark the post that you feel solved your question as the solution, it earns the member + points 
Did you find a post helpfull? You can thank the member by clicking on the star below their post awarding them Kudos

Please don't ask me questions by Personal Message; questions belong in the forums.

Communities:   English    Deutsche    Español    Português    Русскоязычное    Česká    Slovenská    Українська   Język Polski    Moto English

balabalabalaboo
Fanfold Paper
Views: 558
Message 6 of 7

Hi Andy,Thanks for your reply,the problem still haven't been solved,the model number of T470 I got is 20JMA00CCD,and there you referred the TPM chips,I'm not very professional in hardware,does that AES acclecrate function need the support of TPM chips?the one I got support fingerprint security check,is this chip physical on the motherboard or intergrated in the CPU?Maybe I'm wrong at the begining

Administrator
Administrator
Views: 538
Message 7 of 7

balabalabalaboo wrote:

Hello,I just got my new laptop T470,and I found there is no TPM config page in bios setting,but for experiment I need to open it ,so could you send me one TPM Enabled bios setting config backup file if you have T470?

I'm sorry but it looks as though your TPM chip has been disabled from factory, if you have no option to acvtivate it in BIOS you will need a system board which includes the chip.

Andy

English Community Leader
Please remember to come back and mark the post that you feel solved your question as the solution, it earns the member + points 
Did you find a post helpfull? You can thank the member by clicking on the star below their post awarding them Kudos

Please don't ask me questions by Personal Message; questions belong in the forums.

Communities:   English    Deutsche    Español    Português    Русскоязычное    Česká    Slovenská    Українська   Język Polski    Moto English

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors