Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nmiller803
What's DOS?
Views: 384
Message 1 of 2

Contractor looking for advise for thinkpad selection

I'm a small business const. Contractor. Because of our current work load I am no longer able to keep up with my work in the home office. I am looking for a reliable laptop pc so I can work in the field. I am looking at the think pad line becuase of the known durability. I would like this to become my primary pc . Business tasks to be performed: quickbooks accounting software, proposals, contracts, spreadsheets, digital picture storage, 3D design software (so I would need higher end graphics). 15.4" screen. I would need it to hold up to some dust, heat ect... Within reason. I just need something reliable. Any advise would be greatly appriciated. Thank you. Nick
lead_org Microsoft MVP Contributor
Microsoft MVP Contributor
Views: 375
Message 2 of 2

Re: Contractor looking for advise for thinkpad selection

most of your needs can be catered for by a T510 with integrated GPU, but when you say you need to run 3D design software, what sort of software and what design would you need to do on it (how complex)?

If you manipulate large models and such then you maybe better off with the W510, but if it is relatively simple then T510 with the Nvidia GPU should be fine.

Regards,

Jin Li

May this year, be the year of 'DO'!

I am a volunteer, and not a paid staff of Lenovo or Microsoft

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors