cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
zygomorph
Paper Tape
Views: 327
Message 1 of 3

Crack in case - will this void warranty?

I'm thinking of buying a used T420 which is still in warranty. It works fine, but there's a crack in the case on the bottom.
What I'm wondering is - in the future if I need something fixed under warranty, is Lenovo likely to blame it on physical abuse (whatever caused the crack) and refuse to cover it?
Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 297
Message 2 of 3

Re: Crack in case - will this void warranty?

My experience has been that it is a subjective decision as to whether the physical damage caused the failure, and that they will often or usually repair the warranted parts. They won't fix the case unless the machine has accidental damage protection. They probably won't fix a broken hinge if the crack to the case is in that area. If the crack is more severe and the damage caused strain or physical damage to other parts, they will not be covered. For example, if the crack is under the optical drive and the drive won't work because it is bent, that isn't covered.

Rich

I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo.
tripplec
Bit Torrent
Views: 269
Message 3 of 3

Re: Crack in case - will this void warranty?

In other word No.
T520 Model 4239 Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-2860QMbr>; Nvidia NVS 4200M Win 10 64bit
Z70-80 I7 - 5500U 16GB GB - 1TB HD Win 10 64bit FHD 17.3", G840 w/2GB

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors