Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Backscatter
What's DOS?
Views: 382
Message 1 of 4

Cracked Screen

I have owned four Lenovo laptops and for the most part have been satisfied with the units and customer support, until recently.

I purchased a Thinkpad 420S a couple of months ago and used it for a couple of weeks. One day when opening the screen I noticed a crack in the screen at the right hinge location.  When I called customer support I was advised that this was due to customer abuse!This was before I even shipped it back. Hard to believe since the unit was kept on top of my desk, with no one else present in the house.  When I spoke to a Lenovo rep in  Denver he advised that I should have said that I had a problem with my screen instead of a crack.  When crack is mentioned it is always categorized as customer support even though this was a problem with a previous model (as per Lenovo customer  support).  Long story short, I was advised that I would be charged $700 to replace the screen which is half the price I paid for the unit.

I was not able to contact a Lenovo representative with any authority or even someone to talk to for an alternative remedy.  None of the east coast VPs had contact information, of course, so I was hung out to dry.  I had them ship the unit back and it sits on my shelf with a cracked screen, a very expensive bookend.

I had to buy another laptop.  If anyone has suggestions on anyone I could talk to besides customer support which is useless, I would appreciate the info.

Richard

lead_org Microsoft MVP Contributor
Microsoft MVP Contributor
Views: 374
Message 2 of 4

Re: Cracked Screen

Hum, i have seen couple of the screens cracking like that on a T400s and T410s. The increased rigidity of the new T420s screen casing should prevent such thing from happening, but i guess this could still happen.

Do you have a picture that you can upload to flickr and then provide url of this uploaded picture?
Regards,

Jin Li

May this year, be the year of 'DO'!

I am a volunteer, and not a paid staff of Lenovo or Microsoft
Backscatter
What's DOS?
Views: 343
Message 3 of 4

i'll get on that and sen a pic within the next few days.

Thanks for the response

Former Employee
Views: 293
Message 4 of 4

hey Backscatter,

sorry to hear on what had happen. could you pm to me the following :

Name:
Mobile:
Email:
MTM [machine type model]:

( To locate MTM - http://support.lenovo.com/en_US/FindProductNumber.page#find )

Serial Number (S/N):
Date of Purchase:
Case/Order Number : (if any)

Screenshot of Error(if applicable) : (upload it to a hosting site and paste the link here)

Location of unit : Home / Repair Center (delete where appropriate)

Description of issue :

Troubleshooting Taken : (if any)

WW Social Media
Important Note: If you need help, post your question in the forum, and include your system type, model number and OS. Do not post your serial number.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

Follow @LenovoForums on Twitter!
Have you checked out the Community Knowledgebase yet?!
How to send a private message? --> Check out this article.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors